William is a professional vocal coach, singer and accompanist living in Philadelphia and offers online vocal instruction. He is a certified K-12 music instructor with experience in vocal and instrumental music at all levels of instruction. He is committed to providing quality music instruction to every student.
In addition, he has served on staff for several universities and musical theatre companies as a performer, vocal coach/accompanist, music director, and professor. William's areas of expertise include vocal coaching all styles of singing, accompanying, vocal pedagogy, and singing (vocal) health. Special interests are voice/speech rehabilitation, music psychology and music intervention and therapy for both physical and learning disorders.
He offers the following online sessions:
VOICE LESSONS/COACHING- for all levels and styles of singing. Specializes in contemporary (all styles) and musical theatre. He works with professional level clients as well as beginners. He also is very knowledgable on issues pertaining to vocal health and instructs operatic styles of singing to those who wish to focus on classical repertoire.
AUDITION PREPARATION- designed to prepare singers of all levels for an audition and/or performance . Recommend a 45 minute or hour session for those planning a limited amount of lessons.
· Vocal Training · Online I am a beginner vocal student who 3 months ago started in-home studio lessons with Will, and continued with online lessons after I moved to another state. He is excellent at explaining and illustrating vocal concepts and techniques. And even if you are nervous and shy about singing (like I am), he is great at making you feel comfortable. He's also good at thinking on his feet and adaptable, as at times I have had erratic work schedules or had bad vocal strain after starting a new job. Thanks for all your support and optimism, Will! Hope your business continues to flourish.
· Vocal Training · Online We are so fortunate our son is studying voice with William. He is professional while being kind and supportive offering astute instruction. He listens to the music genres our son prefers and chooses songs he enjoys learning. Also, he selects pieces that introduces our son to a broader and challenging perspective of the music industry. He is knowledgeable of the technology needed to make online learning easy and affordable. William is an exceptional teacher and a person of highest integrity.
· Vocal Training · In studio Super
· Piano · In studio William is brilliant and an excellent fit for me. Thank you!!
· · In studio Awesome
· Vocal Training · In studio Friendly and very professional. Highly recommended
· Piano · In home OMG he's awesome and very knowledgeable I would suggest him big time. Makes you feel right at home
· Piano · In studio He's kind and patient. I'm a newbie and he made me feel very welcomed and comfortable.
· Piano · In studio This is the first time that my daughter takes piano lessons and we are both very happy with William. William is very informative, friendly and professional. We can't wait to go back next week!!!
· Singing · In studio William is experienced in voice from Opera to Musical Theater. He has a good ear and is an excellent accompanist. He's been providing the feedback necessary for me to develop my voice in new ways. And he's pushing me to expand my comfort zone, which I think is good! I'm enjoying these lessons immensely.