- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I studied classical guitar and composition at Asbury College and later more in depth guitar studies rock, jazz, and classical at the Atlanta Institute of Music. I have been teaching steadily for the past ten years as well as spending my time with various other musical projects such as leading worship for my church, performing for various parties and weddings, and composing and recording music for a short film. I use my experience and broad understanding of music to inform the way that I teach, so that my students have a robust experience of all aspects of music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I have a lesson plan that I follow for beginning students to get them through the basics. As a teacher I am laid back, and positive, but always try to give the student a clear reflection of how they are progressing. I find that some students thrive with a lot of structure and others prefer a looser approach and I am quite comfortable teaching both ways. If the student maintains a consistent practice regimen, they should be able to play songs from the radio within 3 or 4 months.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the living room with an amp, keyboard, computer, desk, parents can sit on couch in a separate room
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect my student to provide their instrument (including amp if necessary) and any instructional materials required.
*** Specialties ***
I have had a lot of experience teaching beginning and intermediate students with method books, and have used them to teach reading, theory, technique, and repertoire. Most often, I take a slightly looser approach which I feel allows me to mold my teaching to fit the individual student's needs
I provide guitar lessons to Artios Academies' Gwinnett location. Artios is an organization that helps facilitate education for home schooled children.
I provide in-house guitar lessons at Wesleyan School, a private K-12 school in Norcross, Georgia.
Completed a full-time, one year course of study in Rock, Jazz, and Classical guitar.
· Guitar · In home Wes has been teaching my son, age 7, for four months now and we could not be happier! He manages to be very informative while keeping it fun and interesting without being silly or boring. Wes's enthusiasm for the guitar is contagious. I am thrilled with my son's progress and level of continued interest. Thank you Wes!
· Guitar · In studio Wes is a great teacher -he has a lot of experience and excellent technique. It is evident he loves music/guitar and is equally as passionate for teaching what he loves. He makes learning to play the guitar easy to grasp and he is very patient and encouraging. Looking forward to more jam sessions!
· Guitar · Excellent Instructor
Wes is an excellent instructor. He is patient, clear, encouraging, fun, and totally professional. I highly recommend him to anyone (young or old) wanting to learn the guitar.
Wes listens to what the student wants to learn and sets his lessons to help the student achieve their goals. Our lessons are in the instructor's studio, which is a safe, accessible, and clean environment.
I look forward to our future sessions and continuing my guitar learning under his instruction.
· · Wes is an EXCELLENT teacher. His laid back approach is perfect for a student such as myself. I have VERY limited hands on music background..with ABSOLUTELY no experience with guitar...Wes has started me from scratch teaching finger techniques and even simple songs that he had me playing by the second lesson. Learning a LOT from him.
· · Wes is very patient and follows a logical, structured approach. I've only completed two lessons with him, but am extremely pleased with my progress. I look forward to continuing my lessons - Wes is a great teacher!