- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Working with teens and adults, I'm learning that language is about connection. What do you connect to in this culture, in these sounds, this perspective? Language expands our power to connect with the world. Sometimes that means enjoying foreign cartoons, at other times making conversation in another country, maybe even reading and writing tweets across the globe. Whatever your motivation may be, I am here to encourage and guide your growth and goals. I've studied and lived in both France and Japan, and built relationships with acquaintances and long term friends alike through these languages. Tutoring I began first with fellow students at DePaul in 2012, facilitating round table discussion with exchange students, and working as an English conversation partner. Since then I've been leading group classes with homeschool students in a Chicago Co-Op, as well as with private clients in person and online. There is great wonder in language and crossing into new territory; this drives me to share what I have learned with all the people who want to learn too. Focus and determination, along with the right resources and support, can bring you towards your goals. I am here to help.
Self-organized Co-Op of homeschool students - all insured - come together to learn from Doctors, EMTs, and experienced instructors. I taught Creative Writing to a class of 8 students ages 10 to 16, as well as an introductory Japanese course of 15 students ages 11 - 16. I will be teaching again during their coming session in the Fall.
Students from all faculties (Chemistry, English, Music) came to me and other tutors to receive advice on their writing. Sometimes it was full-on grammar workshopping and learning proper citation; equally though, I would help students reconsider their entire topic, find their writing voice, and in many cases, simply understand the strengths and places where their writing faltered. In our Loop Campus I was a team member on the Collaborative for Multilingual Writing and Research. All of the foreign exchange students came here to learn formal English writing, to practice their conversational skills, and once a week we held cultural exchanges where we discussed American politics, pop culture, unspoken social rules, and considered those of our students' native countries.
Japanese Language Proficiency Test
・One is able to read and understand written materials with specific contents concerning everyday topics.
・One is also able to grasp summary information such as newspaper headlines.
・In addition, one is also able to read slightly difficult writings encountered in everyday situations and understand the main points of the content if some alternative phrases are available to aid one’s understanding.
・One is able to listen and comprehend coherent conversations in everyday situations, spoken at near-natural speed, and is generally able to follow their contents as well as grasp the relationships among the people involved.
· Japanese · In home Walker is very organized and has been an excellent teacher for my son.
· English · In studio Thank you very much for helping me, You are one of the best tutor which I had during my study at ELA(DePaul Language Academy). Walker has a great personality and patient for teaching his students the best language skills. Walker`s subjects is not only enhances the language skills, but also the way how a student has to interact with environment which he lives in. He uses different teaching approaches such as games, sports conversation , and deep cultural conversation to make a student gain enough self-confidence to use the language properly. Besides that, his correct use of language skills enhances the students capability for taking more space, and feel more comfortable using the language. Thank you for teaching me English, thank you for making me feel comfortable while I am talking mine 6th language. The most important part of his tutoring sections is the way who he provides the information about the cultural environment, so to help the students to be solid against any culture shock waves. Thank you again for being such a great tutor. Thank you for encouragements, They helped me to feel more confidence while I am using the language for my academic purpose and among my friends.
"سوباس تۆ ماموستایکی باش بوی"
"كنت أفضل معلم"
"Je bent best mentor"
"En iyi öğretmen vardır"
"Siz yaxşı tərbiyəçi var"
· Japanese · In studio Walker is an awesome instructor. He's funny and warm and practicing conversation is always something I looked forward to! He's hands-down my favourite tutor I've ever had. As Japanese is such a complicated language, that's saying a lot. I had tons of problems with grammatical rules and Walker really made me feel at ease with his easy to understand explanations. I learned more Japanese in our weekly conversation sessions than I did in a year of my college classes. ウォーカー先生、ありがとうございます！^ - ^