- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Waichi is a professional classically-trained percussion performer and educator. She has taught students of all ages and ability levels. Additionally, Waichi has experience coaching percussion ensemble at Northwestern University and the percussion section of the North Shore New Horizons Senior Band as well as giving marimba masterclasses.
Waichi has performed with Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra, Evanston Symphony Orchestra, Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, and Hong Kong Sinfonietta Orchestra. Besides orchestral performance, Waichi is a passionate solo percussionist having won prizes from different percussion competitions, such as the PASIC marimba and solo percussion competition, Southern California Marimba Competition, Great Plains Marimba Competition.
Waichi earned her M.M. in Percussion Performance from Northwestern University and B.M. from Manhattan School of Music. Her teachers include She-e Wu, Christopher Lamb, Duncan Patton, Eric Charlston and Vadim Karpinos.
Percussion section coaching
Percussion Group classes and Ensemble coaching.
· Percussion · In studio Chi's level of talent for performing is matched by her excellent teaching. Her teaching style is very down-to-earth and concrete, allowing for quick improvement during her lesson. Chi gives some of the best quality lessons, whether you're working on triangle technique or preparing for a competition. Her lessons also encouraged me to experiment and think critically about sound production. "Try this" is a common phrase you will hear.
· Percussion · Having lessons with Wai Chi are some of the most memorable lessons I have had in the past 8 years studying percussion. It was incredible to see how she fixed problems I had with my snare drum playing that I couldn't figure out for so long. I appreciated her professionalism and musical ownership as an instructor and a mentor. I HIGHLY recommend her for anyone who wants a talented and an inspiring teacher.
· Percussion · I very much enjoyed my lessons and coachings with Chi. She is an excellent teacher who is both honest enough to tell you what you need to work on and patient enough to work with you and make sure you really learn something. She is also a fantastic player who inspires me to work hard and practice tons! I cannot recommend her enough.
· Percussion · Chi is a fantastic player and teacher! Her playing is clean and inspirational - definitely makes you want to practice. As a teacher, she is super patient and supportive while also offering helpful critique to improve your playing and understanding of the music.
· Percussion · I enjoyed my lessons with Wai Chi and highly recommend her! She is a great teacher, musician, and mentor.
· Percussion · In studio Took a handful of lessons with Wai Chi. Was very upset that she moved to New York (I took lessons with her when she was located in Chicago). She is a talented individual who has thought a lot about what she does and it shows in her playing and teaching. She provided me with plenty to work on and to chew on and I am very glad to have taken lessons with her. We worked on many percussion instruments: snare, tambourine, triangle, xylophone, cymbals, and marimba and she showed and shared her expertise on all of them. Especially enjoyed working on Bach with her.
· Percussion · In studio Wai Chi is an incredibly dedicated performer and educator. Her teaching is patient and effective, and she knows her craft like no other. Wai Chi has an incredible talent and a great love of what she does, and is eager to share her expertise with others. Could not more highly recommend her!