- Teaches students:
- Ages 18 to 75 and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hi! I'm Vaughn and I've been a photographer for nine years doing portraits, travel, and natural light photography. I know it always helps to have someone to actually show you some of the tips and tricks when shooting so that's exactly what you'll get with this class. I take a no-nonsense approach that is simple yet effective in learning how to use your camera efficiently to get the best shot.
My goal is to get you shooting as quickly as possible with technique and tips and you'll learn things such as:
• Camera equipment (tripods, camera lens types)
• Camera settings and shooting modes (beep-off, Manual mode, function buttons)
• Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO
• How to utilize available light (natural light, surface reflections)
• File size and format (RAW vs JPEG, pixel dimensions)
• Composition (shot framing, visual noise, rule of thirds)
• Shooting exercises are part of the workshop too! We'll test out different types of shots and how to achieve certain results.
• Long exposure
• Photoshop techniques for minor retouching
• White balance
• Advanced techniques
I'm great at answering questions too so ask away during class! I'm looking forward to showing you how to understand and use your camera!
Los Angeles is a great place to be a photographer because of the entertainment industry. I currently do photoshoots with clients and models in Southern California.
Vaughn is patient, kind and has an incredible eye!!! I love working with him!!!
Vaughn is amazing, talented, and easy to work with. He’s photographed me many times and it’s always such a good time. He’s professional, personable, and really knows his stuff. Vaughn’s work speaks for itself.
Very Patient & Brilliant Innovative Techniques. World Class 📷