- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been singing for 16 years. I've performed for thousands of people, and been all over the country doing what I love - making music. I am lucky enough to have been on stage with members of *NSYNC and Fleetwood Mac, and I can't wait to see what else the future has in store! I am passionate about sharing what I've learned over the years with anyone who loves to sing, whether you're new to music and are starting from scratch, or you're a seasoned performer who is ready to take your craft to the next level. After earning a Bachelor's degree in Vocal Performance, as well as a Master's in Commercial Vocal Performance, I have the skills and knowledge necessary to help each student.
VOICE LESSONS: Students can sing whatever kind of music they want! With a focus on the student's overall vocal health first and foremost, I tailor each lesson to suit what that student needs to improve their singing. The main goal for ALL students is to get rid of any muscular tension that may be hindering their performances. Singing is meant to be easy and fun, NOT tense, tight, and rigid. I help students physically and mentally get into the right place to sing efficiently and gracefully, so they can focus on truly performing the songs for their audiences.
POPWorld, featuring Chris Kirkpatrick of *NSYNC was a relatively short-lived band that covered pop songs from the early 2000s and late 90s. We performed showcase events in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and several shows on the Train: Sail Across the Sun cruise in 2016. In this band, I played lead guitar and sang high harmony vocals. We had a lot of fun - it was an honor to perform alongside Chris Kirkpatrick.
N I C E G H O S T is the stage name for my solo project. I perform and record rock/alternative music. I went simply by my own name for years, until I discovered that a different Tyler James had already signed a record deal in Nashville. Darn. I think my stage name is cooler, anyway.
I toured full-time with The Tailgaters, a sponsored cover/variety band that played 250+ shows in the year of 2015. In this band, I sang high harmony vocals, and occasionally lead vocals (for the harder rockin' songs).
Phi Kappa Phi's mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Songwriting · In studio After spending years watching Tyler perform and grow as a musician and songwriter, I was quite ecstatic when I got the chance to work with him. His genuine personality and overt passion for music are a powerful attributes that aid in his already easy-going teaching style. Though he was professionally schooled, he doesn't ever belabor the formalities or "rules" of music, but rather adheres to them seamlessly while also making crafty suggestions along the way.
He is always kind and always interested in making the music, or musicians he is surrounded by, better.
I still cherish the lessons he gave me and the career he helped me shape. Anyone taking notes from him will greatly benefit from this fine young gentleman and skilled musician.
· Jazz Voice · In studio Tyler fuses passion with technique to help his students achieve the freedom as a performer to fully express themselves musically. He is well-studied academically, as well as a road-tested talent. This unique perspective is a real asset to his students!