- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My passion is teaching music to students of all ages and all levels; sharing with them the joy of music. Music has the capacity to open up our hearts and minds to unknown worlds and cultures; thereby enabling us to express ourselves in unique and individualized ways. Music is not solely about learning the notes, or conquering Rachmaninoff or Grieg; each song is a melody of the heart, and should be navigated as such. When I teach lessons my students learn technique, structure and theory, but also voicing, expression, and interpretation.
I graduated from Multnomah University in December 2011 with a Bachelors degree in Music. I specifically studied instrumentation (piano), vocalization, performance, conducting and composition.
I love music, I have since I was a little girl. From a very young age I loved that music took me and my imagination to worlds untold and it never mattered if I spoke German, Italian, French or Spanish, I could play the songs of those countries, and then it was like stepping into another world. This joy and excitement about music is what still carry with me as I continue my music career. And this is precisely what you can expect I will teach my students as well.
*** Lesson Details ***
The world of music is such a fun and joyous adventure, and this is only the beginning! Students can expect a lot of laughter and an enthusiastic and fun teaching style. As a piano and vocal teacher, I develop a curriculum for each student that is individualized in his or her specific learning style. I believe that students learn at their own pace, enabling me to learn with them while helping them find out what they love about music. The talents I bring to my students include a strong dedication to the art of teaching, commitment and loyalty to the them and a willing ear to listen. I can also offer my substantial experience with teaching music, a love for learning, and a personable non - confrontational teaching style. I am dedicated, punctual and hard working.
After six months of lessons students can expect to know their notes, being able to read music on their own. They will mostly likely have completed their first book and major song, and will have good momentum to get them going on their next musical story.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Studio with piano, music stands, mirror, recording devices (minimum) and seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
Student must have the piano. I will bring basic teaching materials.
*** Specialties ***
I work as the music director for a small church in the Grand Rapids area. I schedule practices with the band and teach a choir classic and contemporary songs.
Its a great way to challenge myself and others to think about the music they are playing/singing. It also is always fun to play with other musicians and share in each others gifts.
Currently I am working as a vocal and piano instructor. It is super fun and exciting to be around any different kinds of musicians, listening learning and gaining a new perspective on many different types of music. Its very inspiring.
I play for Eastgate Bible chapel every Sunday, this is hard yet rewarding music. It requires me to be able to play anything at a moments notice, and I have learned over the years to be proficient and confident in my playing. Something I try to instill in all my students.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Singing · In studio Tricia is a phenomenal instructor. After working with her, she is helped me gain confidence in my singing ability and performance skills that I am now singing with a public choir. I would highly recommend Tricia to all level students!
· · Tricia is a wonderful teacher and musician! She has extensive knowledge of many musical genres. She is dedicated, skilled, and caring. I recommend her as a fellow music teacher!
· Piano · In home Tricia was incredible. I give her full credit for instilling a love of music in my daughter that had continued to grow. Great teacher.
· Piano · In home Super fun teacher, great great with kids, and she knows how to explain it to adults and kids alike :-)! She made me want to keep learning and playing!! Thanks Trish!
· Singing · In home Tricia is one of the most talented and patient instructors I have had the opportunity to work with. She really seemed to care about my improvement and personal success!
· Piano · In home Tricia was my piano instructor for a very long time, and I learned ALOT through her. She taught me to sight read and constantly helped me with my music theory. She gave me the skills I needed to be able to look at a piece of music and break it down so i could begin to play it at first glance. I owe a lot to Tricia!
· Piano · In home I am in awe of Tricia's expertise. I will learn a lot from her
· Singing · Excellent, Professional Teacher
Miss Tricia is an absolutely wonderful music instructor. I'm an adult student learning to develop my voice, and she is able to quickly identify the problems in my vocal technique and help me improve. Her lesson plans keep me on task and develop my tool sets. She's also great with explaining the theory behind the music and introducing me to different works and styles of music. Though I'm not receiving piano instruction from her myself, I have heard her work and watched her instruction, and I am highly impressed by both. She gets my highest recommendation.