I began playing violin at the age of 4. I took private lessons for over 15 years. I have performed in numerous musical theater productions in the Twin Cities and Red Wing. Credits include Phantom of the Opera at The Sheldon Theatre in Red Wing, and Eagan Community Theater productions of The Boyfriend, Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz, Oklahoma! and many more. I was a member of the Mississippi Valley Orchestra, and served as concertmaster for the ISD 191 StringWerks Youth Chamber Ensemble. I played String Bass for Eagan High School Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble as well. I’m currently a member of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival’s popular Irish Folk band “Four Pints Shy”. I went to school for performing arts and switched majors to String Luthiery (building and repairing violins and other stringed instruments) at Red Wing Technical College. I have an extensive knowledge of violin performing arts and repairing them. I stick true to the statement that "violin is my life".
I perform as the fiddler for the popular band Four Pints Shy.
Violinist for 2 Sunday masses a week.
· Violin · In home I am quite the challenge to any teacher. My only prior experience in music was a drumline in a high school marching band. At age 54 I rented a violin and found Trevor on Take Lessons. I was unsure if I really wanted to undertake learning to play the violin as an adult, however Trevor has been great. He’s very supportive, understands the time challenges of a working adult and has been very inspiring. I have been taking lessons now with Trevor for 8 months. I really enjoying playing and I find myself trying to carve out as much time as I can to practice. Thanks Trevor!
· Violin · In studio Left the first lesson feeling motivated and excited about learning the violin.
· Violin · In home I was great for the first lesson but wish he would of email me...what books to buy or what to get for the for a first time student.
· Violin · In studio Trevor is a fantastic and attentive instructor, who has talent and passion for the violin.
· Violin · In home Trevor is an incredible talent!!! I have had the opportunity to hear him play in many venues and I recommend him highly as both a performer and a teacher.
· Violin · In studio Great teacher and a fabulous stand partner. Knows the music and is always prepared. Great with kids too.
· · I was a music director for a large Catholic Church. I started working with Trevor when he was just 14. Through the years he played the violin on Sunday morning during Mass, weddings, funerals and special Liturgies. Trevor is familiar with all styles of music from classical to contemporary. And he is a great site reader, a wonderful skill to have when I would change things up in the middle of Mass. Trevor plays the violin with deep, rich sound. And I think a good teacher is often someone who is a performing artist as well. And that's Trevor. I recommend him highly.
· Violin · In home I found Trevor to be competent, genial, and very knowledgeable about playing the violin. I highly recommend his tutelage.
· Violin · In studio Trevor is a very skilled and accomplished violinist, in many different styles, and he's very friendly and easy to work with! I highly recommend him.
· Violin · In studio A professional in every respect of the word. His knowledge and instruction is the at the top.