- Teaches students:
- and Ages 4+
- Teaching since:
- April 2011
My professional background is distinguished through piano instruction at all ages from beginner to the advanced level and violin instruction from beginner to the intermediate level. In addition, teaching group lessons for over 6 years in a studio, preschool and elementary school has been a truly rewarding experience. I enjoy inspiring young children in both group and private lessons, while also preparing them for the National Guild Exam, ABRSM and Youth Focus competition.
• Organize keyboard and violin classes during winter, spring and summer music camps.
• Prepare students for the ABRSM annually.
• Help students adapt to individual learning methods while closely monitoring their progress through private lessons.
• Coordinate the keyboard group performance program for the preschool’s graduation.
• Instruct the group keyboard class with a maximum of 12 students at both the preschool and elementary school.
• Teach piano and violin lessons to children of all ages, ranging from beginners to proficient levels.
• Utilize Orff’s music teaching methods within a group setting.
• Apply Suzuki’s teaching method in a violin group class and private class setting.
• Annually train students, resulting in their acceptance into the National Guild Exam.
• Mentor students for auditions at the San Jose, Saratoga and California Youth Symphony.
• Prepare students for the school’s annual recital in Palo Alto children’s theatre and Santa Clara University.
CMEA is an affiliate of the National Association for Music Education. NAfME, one of the the world’s largest arts education organizations,
is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education
Ms. Tracy Chen is a great music teacher. She is very good with kids and teaching!
Tracy has been teaching my daughter piano and violin for more than 2 years now. She has helped her improve in technique, form, style, and sight reading. Also, my daughter took the National Guild Examinations in piano, and with Tracy's help and guidance, she was able to pass into the preparatory(advanced) level with flying colors. When my daughter wanted to start learning violin, Tracy created a very convenient platform for her to learn the new instrument while taking a break from piano. Overall, Tracy's positive teaching style and motivational personality have really helped my daughter keep her passion for music alive.+ Read More