- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 8 and up
Tom has been teaching private lessons since 1987 and is currently available to teach lessons at his studio in Encinitas, CA. He has helped many students exceed their expectations not only as guitarists, but as very well rounded musicians.
Tom received his training at Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA) in 1987 where he received a degree in Music specializing in Music Production and Engineering. As an expert in his field, he looks forward to helping new students achieve their goals.
Tom's versatility as a live performer has brought him into opening slots for the following major headlining acts:
*The Theater at Madison Square Garden, NYC
*Central Park, NYC
L.L. Cool J & Jewel
*Presidential Inaugural Ball - Bill Clinton
Huey Lewis and the News
They Might Be Giants
Ratdog (Bob Weir)
Jazz & Acid Jazz:
Roy Haynes Trio
Count Basie Orchestra
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
…and many more
In the studio, Tom has recorded on countless TV & Radio commercials including:
Ford Motor Co.
Miller Brewing Co.
…and many many more.
Tom has also played on many CDs receiving local and international acclaim. In 2001 Tom garnered a GRAMMY NOMINATION for his work with the Chicago based band Liquid Soul.
He has written and performed on music for TV and has even recorded on a few tracks that have hit the Billboard charts.
· Blues Guitar · In studio Tom is an incredible instructor with an intuitive feel for what you are trying to accomplish in guitar playing. Takes his time to thoroughly explain music concepts and theory without making it too heavy, and has an ability to push you to the next level without overwhelming you. Thanks tom, hope to be back at lessons soon!
· Blues Guitar · In studio Hey. I thought I had to click one star at a time to get to all of them. Tom was great! Change my rating to 5 STARS.
· Guitar · In studio Great first start.
· Ukulele · In studio Tom is fantastic! Teaches two of my children and they come out of their lessons beaming!
· Guitar · In studio Tom S.
For the two years that I took guitar lessons with Tom S. I found that he possessed a real sensitivity to what I, the student, wanted to do musically. Tom often went out of his way to find supplemental material to augment the learning experience. If I wanted to learn something a bit beyond my capability he'd find a way for me to build to the next skill level without ever discouraging me. Proper technique was always stressed and the payoff was worth it. His respect for the music and the craft of guitar playing is something that impresses me still.