- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- June 1974
- I have been teaching Acoustic Guitar for over 40 years
- I have performed and recorded with the Acoustic Guitar professionally as both a solo artist and as the leader of and a sideman in several musical projects over the years
- I have performed at both private & public events for over 40 years and continue to do so to this day
- I specialize in the Americana, Blues, Country, Folk & Rock musical genres
- I possess a keen sense of pitch and rhythm and have been blessed with excellent ear
- I have a very strong Music Theory foundation, but, do not focus on "sight-reading", per se
- I currently lead my own band, the "KBCE", performing an eclectic mix of Celtic, Folk & Americana music
*** Lesson Details ***
- I tailor my Lesson Plan to your own unique abilities and interests
- I require that you provide your own Acoustic Guitar & electronic tuner along with a desire to learn and a willingness to practice
- I focus on song-playing, understanding chord composition, chord progressions, scales, arpeggios and Music Theory principles
*** Studio Equipment ***
I am equipped with my own Acoustic Guitar, Music Stand, Guitar Stand and a clean, quiet & safe Teaching Space
Wanted to thank you for teaching me how to play the guitar this past year. You truly keep me fired up and look forward to 2017. I hope you are enjoying the time with your family. Happy New Year, be safe. See you next week!
Tim continues to challenge me each week, giving me new material each week to add to my practice schedule and reviewing the material I'm working on. His positive technique of teaching and reinforcement is helping me to become a guitar player. I would highly recommend Tim!+ Read More
Jaden had gis first class with Tim and he loved it. Tim is very patient and provides a lot of positive feedback. Thank you Tim!
I so enjoyed my lesson last night. When I leave your home I feel empowered by what I have learned. Playing together last night and counting the beats together was awesome even though I made several mistakes. I recognize the chord changes I need to continue to work on in the song. For me I think it is helpful to play the song through even if I make a few mistakes rather than stopping and starting over. I will continue my work on the open string chords and continue to work on our song. Your Great Tim, I really mean that. Looking forward to a week of practice and seeing you again next week!
I'm totally impressed with takelessons program and more importantly my teacher Tim. I have been taking lessons for a couple on months and was blown away by
the comfortable environment in Tim's home, his patience with me and his positive
uplifting teaching style. Looking forward to playing some beautiful music together. Practicing and looking forward to my next lesson is my favorite time. See you next week and still loving that Am chord.
Tim has been an excellent teacher for my two sons, 8 and 12, over the past year. He is super knowledgable and makes it really fun for them. He's great with kids! Also, he provides an update every week of how they are doing and what they are working on. I highly recommend him:)+ Read More
I finished my 3rd lesson and I think Tim is great. I can't wait to learn more.
Having a great time tim is teaching me how to play songs
Feedback for Tim K.
Tim is a great teacher. My son really enjoys working with him. Tim is always prepared for the lessons, the materials fit my son's skill set and learning preferences, and the chemistry is a perfect match.