- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
At age nine I began piano and clarinet lessons and continued my music studies throughout high school and into college. I played in numerous solo and ensemble festivals, honor bands, piano recitals, adjudicated piano and soloist competitions, scholarship competitions and numerous concerts. I learned at a very young age that enthusiasm and creativity expressed by my teachers played an integral role in my motivation to succeed. My experience playing in band, orchestra, ensembles and as a soloist, gives me an enhanced ability to convey lessons in harmony either played between hands or in duets/ensembles.
Because I also have a strong background in ballet and ballroom dance, I utilize these talents to reinforce time signature and rhythm lessons. It's amazing to see how my students transfer the rhythm from their feet to their fingertips accurately. This method also helps them visualize and interpret the music in a more satisfying manner.
Music is the centrifugal force in my life which I joyfully extend to my family and students. I am the proud mother of four children who grew up in a musical home; three of them are proficient, award-winning pianists. My students are also award-winning competitors in the Lisa Fiorenza Junior Piano Competition, Las Vegas, NV.
I have enjoyed teaching piano students ranging in age from 3 to 80 years old. Let's Make A Joyful Noise Together!
*** Lesson Details ***
Students will be taught: Music Theory, Technique, Ear Training, Memorization and Performance Etiquette.
I utilize the Alfred's Piano Basic Library for beginner to intermediate students of elementary to adult age.
I utilize the Bastien Piano Basics for beginner students of preschool to early elementary age. Siblings are put in different methods to individualize their study.
After 3 to 6 months of study, beginner students who practice consistently and attend lessons consistently will be able to:
Identify and quantify notes: Quarter note, Half note, Whole note and Eighth notes
Count in three time signatures: 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 time
Read notes on the Grand Staff
Play in the positions of Middle C, C, G and F
Recognize sharps, flats and dynamic signs
Read music by note names and by melodic and harmonic intervals as well as ear recognition of these intervals.
Triads and Primary Chords may also be introduced in this time period
Students will be given the opportunity to showcase their progress in performance recitals twice a year and encouraged to share their new-found talent in other community venues, such as: school talent shows, local competitions and church ministries.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Formal Piano Parlor: 1943 Steinway & Sons grand piano with pedal extender foot stool for smaller students.
*** Specialties ***
Alfred's Basic Piano Library and Bastien Piano Basics Methods supplemented with Schaum, Hanon, and Alfred's Complete Scales, Arpeggios, Chords and Cadences and all genres of music from classical to contemporary.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio Terri is great! Very positive, encouraging and my son really likes her. She is a really good teacher and adapts to every student to bring out the best in them.
· Piano · In home My whole family loved Ms. Teri on the first day already.
· Piano · In home My son is learning so much from Terri and she is a great teacher!! Any one interested in learning how to play the piano should definitely take lessons with Terri.
· Piano · In studio Terri has been my daughter's piano teacher for over a year. My daughter and I both say the same thing today as we did the first day we met her....she is wonderful! Terri goes above and beyond in many ways to ensure my daughter has the best experience and makes steady gains with her playing. Terri takes the time to explain and always uses positive methods and supportive tone-of-voice to encourage students. She has a natural gift and passion to teach students and this shines through every time. Terri is friendly and welcoming. She is thorough and timely on all scheduling/paperwork matters. You won't find a better teacher out there!
· Piano · In studio Terri is a great teacher & loves her students. She teaches all technics as well as notes on a page. Luv you, Terri
· Piano · In studio Excellent teacher. My daughter really enjoy Mrs Terri. She never want to miss her class. She's very kind.
· Piano · In home We Absolutely LOVE Terri! and more importantly, my daughter really enjoys her time with Terri. We had to take a brief break at the end of the school year, as my daughter was feeling overwhelmed with school responsibilities, but Terri was incredibly understanding. Our daughter is very critical of herself, and tends to only see the mistakes she makes, not the progress. Terri is always reminding her of the positive, and is very encouraging. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
· Piano · In studio Miss Terri combines the best of creativity and the best of discipline together, and it has its own magic formula that comes through with the student.
· Piano · In studio Terri was an extremely positive teacher, and really instilled in me the drive and determination to work hard. She sat with me patiently, and worked through all the obstacles along the way. I highly recommend her.
· Piano · In home I was hesitant to take piano lessons because I was afraid of getting stuck with a teacher I absolutely hate. I am extremely happy with choosing Ms. Terri as my teacher. She is patient, kind, and her passion inspires me to continue. I recommend Ms. Terri to everyone!