- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
A musician since age 4, Teresa's dad took her early passion for music seriously. So she respects the power that parents have to foster their children's musical lives! She notes the many stories she has heard over the years: "If someone had just supported my interest"... "If my teacher had listened to what I wanted to learn."
These stories and her own passion for music-making inform her approach. A degreed music educator and multi-instrumentalist, she celebrates and uses the musical interests of her students to move them forward. She has three grown sons, including two touring musicians. Their musical lives also influence her work with children, young people, and adults. The point is to celebrate and develop each student's unique, interest-based musical self-expression.
In her home teaching studio in Sherwood Forest, CA, 30 minutes is the perfect lesson time for most purposes. Options include piano, voice, ukulele, beginning guitar, music reading/theory, and preparation for auditions. Teresa also conducts early childhood music sessions for 3 to 5 year-olds and is available to do group sessions.
45-minute and 60-minute sessions are also available as needed. Teresa recommends 45 minutes to an hour for audition preparation.
Teresa consults with schools and other organizations in developing music curricula and programming to support the expression of student interests and promote integrated 21st century learning. Music and the arts make an extraordinary difference in the lives of children and impact neurological development in ways that last a lifetime.
Teresa coaches clients on personal and professional goals, relationships, and health and wellness. She specializes in a nurturing, balanced approach in which daily life should be very, very good!
In the midst of thirty years of educational, creative, and business positions and pursuits, from the deep south to New England and now in Southern California since 2004, Teresa has been teaching privately.
Orff Schulwerk is a venerable music education modality incorporating singing, movement, un-pitched and pitched percussion instruments, recorder, poetry, stories, songs, and the richness of repertoire from various cultural traditions.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In studio Teresa is a great instructor. My son was kind of hesitant on taking piano lessons, but after his first lesson he said "mommy, I can say I loved it. Ms. Teresa is very thorough and taught me in a way I know I will learn".
· Singing · In studio Teresa is amazing. MY daughter loves her lessons and has grown with each lesson.
· Piano · In studio We had a great first lesson! Teresa's home is a warm and welcoming environment. My son is looking forward to his next lesson!
· Piano · In studio My 5 year old son told me that he really like her and wants to learn from her. We can't wait for the next lesson with Teresa.
· Piano · In studio Working with Teresa has been an absolute pleasure that I know will pay off in the long term. Thanks to her, my life and my home has been filled with music that I love to play and share with others. It is rare to find a teacher willing to listen to what the student desires to learn and then take the right steps for them to achieve their musical goals. The best thing I can say about Teresa is her ability to not only teach children but adults like myself, in a manner where based upon one's age and learning ability, they are able to become successful.
· Ukulele · In studio She is a really great teacher, my daughter is very happy and she now know basic songs.
· Piano · In studio Teresa is simply magical. She is an extraordinary music teacher. My son William is 6 and is learning to play the piano. He loves his time with Teresa and usually wishes his lesson was longer. This is a boy that does not care much for your typical soccer or karate class but music has stuck! He has FUN. Teresa makes it a FUN time.
As if that weren't enough, the waiting room for parents is so calming, peaceful, and a joy for me, personally! My husband and I both look forward to sitting there, browsing a cool magazine.
Take lessons from Teresa! She is pure good energy and talent!
· Ukulele · In studio Teresa is a wonderful teacher. She is patient and encouraging. She makes the lessons easy and interesting. I look forward to my next lesson.
· Life Coaching · Online Teresa really got me moving when I was stuck in a career transition. Her probing questions, clarification of issues and excellent suggestions provided the enthusiastic direction I needed to get my new business well underway. Teresa is a caring, warm person who is passionate about her work, and passionate about her clients. Her holistic approach to coaching embraces a wide range of pathways to change. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
· Ukulele · In studio I'm a first time music enthusiast! I know NOTHING about music. I left knowing how to tune my ukulele, the C, F,G chords, and the beginning portions of a Bob Marley "Three Little Birds" song! Teresa was wonderful, knowledgeable, and very comfortable to be around! I'm excited to work with her, and see where my skills develop! ;) I already am going to refer her to my friends!