- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Are you looking for a teacher who is experienced, passionate, creative, hardworking, supportive and caring? Who can connect with students, build and maintain personal relationships?
Are you looking for a certified professional educator who knows how to work with you in order to meet your specific needs, to make you feel motivated and to master your language skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing?
Whatever your goals are, I will help you reach them by providing you with a personalized learning plan and interactive, engaging and effective lessons.
I am an experienced language teacher and have been teaching professionally for more then 25 years. I teach all levels of French and Russian and during my career I have taught students of different ages and various nationalities.
In my teaching
• I design each lesson based on your immediate and practical needs, your individual learning style, as well as your interests and goals.
• I apply all of the latest language tools, instructional techniques and methods to help you reach your language goals.
• You will learn through a variety of language and cultural activities with meaningful tasks and real-life scenarios to make learning real and relevant
• You will enjoy learning a language using technologies, authentic materials, internet resources such as videos, songs, movies and cartoons, vocabulary and grammar games, Podcasts etc.
• Learning can be fun!
- Teaches students:
- Ages 7 to 70
- Teaching since:
I am a native Russian speaker born and raised in Moscow. Currently I live in in the USA in the state of Oregon. I have been interested in languages since I was a child. I have discovered the beauty of French language and since then never stop loving it! My personal interests are in Russian and French culture, literature, music, songs, films and art. A knowledge of Russian, French and English give me a full access to all these areas of interest in the original language. I would love to share my expertise with you!
- Bachelor degree in French from Moscow State Pedagogical
- Masters of French and Russian language and literature from
Portland Start University
- Oregon Secondary Teaching Certification
- In my professional life I have worked with Russian Opera
singers in preparation for performance in French operas
- Have worked as a French-Russian translator for the European
- Taught French at the Moscow State Conservatory
- Tutored US diplomats in Russian
- Was a French and Russian instructor at Portland State
For the past 25 years I have worked as a French teacher in international schools in Pakistan, Kuwait, Egypt, Germany and Belgium. I taught all levels of French (including AP and IB French) as well as tutoring an IB Russian. In my 8 +years of teaching IB French and Russian, I have never had a student score below a five, with the vast majority earning an exam grade of six or seven.
Languages Russian - native speaker
French - fluent
English - fluent
Spanish - conversational
I have studied and learned several languages so I know what it’s like to learn a language, what difficulties, challenges and obstacles you encounter and, how to overcame them. I can teach you some tricks to learning languages that can shorten your journey to fluency, and help you feel a sense of achievement as you reach your potential.
Whether your goal is to learn important phrases for an upcoming trip, prepare for an important school exam, or to develop language proficiency join me for an exciting journey of learning languages and cultures in a challenging but welcoming, warm and non-stressful environment.
Добро пожаловать! Bienvenue!
French and Russian