- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My mission is to help students get every ounce of beauty and power out of their voices.
Students come to me with symptoms like vocal fatigue, poor pitch, small range, lack of power, and poor tone quality.
Many have had lessons in the past, some are just starting out.
My goal is to help them gain the tools and knowledge they need in order to sing as easily, freely, and beautifully as possible.
Each carefully planned lesson will include a combination of warmups, vocal exercises, and repertoire/skill work.
Creative “homework” experiences are given at the end of each lesson to maximize the effectiveness of practice time and reinforce skills learned in the lesson.
Regular performance opportunities are encouraged in order to solidify new technique.
I have been teaching since 2005.
Private voice lessons, vocal literature, and music fundamentals courses
· Classical Voice · Online Taerra is very observant, even though our lessons are online she is quick to notice everything I'm doing. She is wonderful at having the right exercise to not just fix, but train me out of whatever I am doing wrong. In one short lesson a few months ago she helped me extend my range by half an octave down for a performance I got asked to do last minute. The next day my husband couldn't believe I was singing the same song it sounded so much better!
· Vocal Training · In studio It was fun and pleasant. She picked my problem right away and (even better) was able to give me tips to practice by myself.
· Classical Voice · In studio Taerra is a wonderful teacher. She is very excited to work with her students and has so many techniques for helping her students succeed. My lessons focused mainly in the classical style but she has give. Pointers from other generas that have helped improve not just that genera but the classical as well.
· Broadway Singing · In studio I have had a lot of training prior to my lessons with Taerra, and I would honestly say that I have loved the professionalism that she approaches with her lessons. Every lesson for every student is different and geared specifically to each individuals needs. Also, she has a lot of different terms and approaches for anyone who might be struggling with a specific concept so that she can really help to communicate the techniques used. Even after we both moved and went our separate ways, she is still the one I call when I need help with a difficult vocal technique. I've had training in Classical, Opera, and Broadway styles, and Taerra has been a wonderful help when approaching all of them.