Enjoy piano lessons in a productive and friendly environment. Learn to play your favorite pieces! I graduated from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music (Piano Performance) and am currently pursuing a Doctoral degree at UT Austin. I offer piano lessons to students of all ages and levels, and also personalize piano lessons to ensure I meet the individual needs and interests of each student. Feel free to contact me and try a free introductory lesson.
===== ABOUT ME =====
Suvida Neramit-aram won first prize from the Susan Torres award in March 2015 (California, USA), second prize from the Thailand Steinway Piano Concerto Competition, a prize award from the Settrade music competition, and participated in the 7th Bangkok Chopin Piano competition as well as the 8th Nat Piano Competition. She graduated from Triam Udom Suksa High School, then entered Chulalongkorn University to study in the Business school (international program). Suvida received a full scholarship in 2008 to study Piano Performance at Lynn University, Florida, USA, where she also got the highest honor certificate in 2011 (Summa Cum Laude). A recipient of Jack H. Lund Scholarship, Suvida completed a Master of Music from San Francisco Conservatory of Music in 2014, under tutorage of Mack McCray and Sharon Mann.
In Thailand, Suvida studied with Mr. Wanchana Sompakdee, Mr. Nat Yontararak (Steinway artist), and Dr. Nopanand Chanorathaikul. In 2016, Suvida got selected to perform in front of General Prem Tinsulanonda, who is the president of the Privy Council serving the King of Thailand. Suvida has performed in the USA, Thailand, and Europe, where she participated in the Chautauqua music festival (New York, USA), and the Zephyr chamber music festival in northern Italy. Moreover, she has been in many masterclasses conducted by well-known artists; Menahem Pressler, Dominique Merlet, Peter Frankl, Philippe Entremont, Rebecca Penneys, Thomas Schumacher, Margit Haider, and John Owings.
Currently, Suvida is pursuing the Doctoral of Musical Art degree with piano performance at University of Texas, Austin, USA, (Betty Osborn Biedenharn Endowed Presidential Scholarship) under the tutorage of Prof. Gregory Allen.
teaching private piano lessons to students of all ages and levels.
Piano accompanist for instrumentalists at Silpakorn University, Mahidol University, Rangsit University, and private studio in Bangkok, Thailand.
Taught piano lessons to undergraduate-level students.
· Piano · In studio Suvida teaches my 10-year old, and I initially turned to Suvida because my daughter's previous teacher, whom we had for 3 years, was painfully inadequate. I was chatting with Suvida about things that bothered me as being improper techniques, though I myself had only taken piano lessons for 1 year as a child. Suvida's "horror" by what I detailed, and then her launching into all that my daughter should've been able to achieve after 3 years of lessons, convinced me that we needed her as our teacher!
Her attention to details, which as a child violinist of 11 years myself, is something that I surely appreciate! And I can already see the vast improvement in my daughter, after only one year of lessons with her! Thank you, Suvida!
· Piano · In studio Suvida has been giving my 7-year old piano lessons. She is excellent with children, and has a positive and kind manner. She makes the lessons interesting to children in different ways, for instance, getting them to use their bodies to understand concepts, like clapping to count out beats. I highly recommend her as a music teacher.
· Piano · In studio Suvida was my piano teacher for a piano course at the University of Texas. She was super nice and really helped improve my piano technique and musical expression. She is very passionate about her piano playing, and she shares that passion with her students.
· Piano · In studio Great teacher, especially for young musicians
My son took piano lessons for two semesters. She is very well organized, patient, and kind. My son improved under her teaching and still loves playing piano.
· Piano · In studio Suvida was my piano instructor for 2 semesters during my Freshman year at the University of Texas at Austin. I was not a performance major, but piano was my principal instrument. She did such a great job challenging me to grow as a pianist while supporting me as well, and I saw a huge improvement in my piano playing skills after that first semester. Perhaps the most profound thing I took away from my lessons with Suvida is a careful attention to subtle details and nuance. I remember in one particular passage, Suvida told me to play it as if the notes made up a wave, gently rising and falling. I struggled a little, so she played it to provide an example of what she had meant, and I began to see what she was talking about. Thinking about music as imagery like that really impacted the way I play and listen to music. To this day whenever I hear that passage we worked on, I think about the wave gently rising and falling. In addition to all of that, Suvida is a kind, friendly person, and I am glad to have been her student.
· Piano · In studio The piano lessons with Suvida have been great! Very easy going and patient, and I've learned so much about music with her and I enjoy our lessons every week!
· Piano · In studio I took private piano lesson with teacher Suvida about last year in August 2016. She helps me improve a lot about my piano techniques and musicals( for example: about correct hand form, techniques how to be able to play each hard phrase, about how to use weight transfer, about interpret each phrase with more correct directions and dynamics, about playing hanon exercises, arpeggios, scales more accurately in correct tempo). She also teaches me how to practice piano correctly in more efficiency way. She is very good, nice, kind, and polite teacher.
· Piano · In studio I took private lessons from Suvida for one semester as part of a course at the University of Texas at Austin. She is a great teacher who was able to spot and correct mistakes in my playing very quickly.
She is good at gauging the skill of her students in order to set challenging but realistic goals every week. Highly recommend.