Since 1998, I have taught students of all ages in multiple genres. Many of my alumni have gone on to become voice and music theatre majors at some of the most prestigious programs in the USA, as well as becoming professional performing and recording artists all around the world. Having focused my energies on the needs of adult students, I have gone online so that I can reach out to them regardless of their geographic location.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Vocal Training · In studio My daughter has expressed a love for music and singing from a very early age. As a parent, I thought she had a beautiful voice and that was confirmed by a good friend of mine who recommended me to Steven. I started Olivia with Steven when she was 9 years old. Through his instruction and guidance her voice has grown tremendously. She was awarded a major role as a 5th grader in her school play and then went on to be the lead as a 6th and 7th grader. She was the youngest student in the history of the school to earn a lead role.
Olivia also auditioned for the Paper Mill Playhouse Summer Conservatory and was accepted for their August Intensive program. I have no doubt that it was Steven's teaching that helped her with her audition that gained her acceptance.
Olivia is now 12 and as a young person, needs to learn how to interpret a song so that she can perform it well. Steven takes the time to teach the MEANING of the words and explains the story that is trying to be told. This was very important for Olivia to learn.
I highly recommend working with Steven. He is a fabulous teacher with a lot of knowledge and insight.
· Classical Voice · In studio Steve is a great teacher. Encouraging, enthusiastic and pushes you to your limits. I worked with him for several years. Have no hesitation recommending him for voice training and speech training.
· Vocal Training · In studio Working with Steve has helped improve almost everything about my voice and performance. He challenges me in every way, including physical and emotional range, technique, language, health, etc. Steve is truly interested in encouraging students to be all-around excellent vocal musicians.
· Singing · In studio Steve taught voice to my once extremely shy little girl starting at 10 years old. We heard that she had a sweet little voice in there and wanted to foster that paired with her love for singing. We were told by several people in our area that Steve was the best. That was an understatement.
Riley could not even look adults in the eye when speaking to them when Steve began teaching her at age 10. But by the time she graduated high school at 18, she had blossomed into a very powerful, skilled, and controlled singer who had starred in several school productions and won several awards and accolades such as the NJ NATS award and the NJ All-State Honors Choir.
During their 8 years of study, she gained such confidence and poise. There is no doubt in my mind that Steve played an enormous role in that.
Steve is very skilled at producing well-rounded singers. The repertoire of songs that he would have Riley work on spanned several different genres to not only help her to become more well-rounded but to prepare her for her career as a singer.
Whenever she had upcoming auditions or performances, Steve prepared her superblyl and gave such helpful advice. She also always knew what the song MEANT, thanks to Steve, therefore making her dynamics & feeling for the lyrics allow her acting to shine through. He knows his craft well and he loves it.....which directly benefits his students.
Today, Riley is getting ready to enter her senior year at Temple University as a Theatre major and Music minor. When she began lessons with her new instructor in Philadelphia once she went away to college, she was told that the tutelage she had received up until that point was very solid.
Besides being a student, Riley also performs professionally in Philadelphia in various cabarets and shows. That once small, sweet voice has evolved into one that fits right in with the best singers in the Philadelphia arts community.
Steve went ABOVE AND BEYOND for Riley as he really wants to see ALL of his students succeed. Being that he is known as the best around and the theatre community is tight, the general consensus about Steve is the same....he's the best.
· Vocal Training · Steven taught my daughter during her high school years. She started off as a very insecure, quiet singer. Through his training and encouragement she improved very quickly. He coached her on music that led her to perform in several operas, receive a NJ ACT Perry Award, and get into a top college as a Vocal Performance major. She never had a more caring teacher.
She recommend several friends to him for lessons over the years and they all showed vast improvement as well.