I consider myself dedicated to two passions in life: the art of musical creation, and the joy of kindling that spark in others. I've been teaching private music lessons for the past five years, and have worked with students of many different ages and proficiency levels. I am always on the lookout to work with new people who are just as excited about creating music as I am! My musical career began fifteen years ago as a classically-trained pianist, and soon after began to expand to more contemporary styles such as rock, pop, jazz, and electronic. I spent four years at the University of Miami studying under Academy Award nominee Chris Boardman, and graduated with a degree in Music Composition & Production and a double minor in Music Business and Creative American Music. I currently reside in Los Angeles, where I write and produce music for films, TV shows, and video games. I look forward to meeting you and starting our musical journey together!
Independently contracted music and sound design for multimedia projects, including film, television, video games, and commercials. Dedicated to crafting authentic audio experiences that deliver emotional depth and rich storytelling.
I compose, record, and produce original music as a solo artist. My debut album "The Terrestrial Orchestra" was released on March 25th, 2014.
I have composed and produced works in a diverse array of genres and styles, including arrangements for:
• Solo piano
• Rock band
• Jazz/fusion ensemble
• Computer-based electronic mediums
• Full orchestra
• String quartet/quintet
• Choral groups
• Solo singer-songwriter
Worked under the tutelage of Jay Vincent, a composer for films and TV shows, whose most notable works include music for the hit show "LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" on Cartoon Network, the EA-produced video game "Dragon Age 2," and a diverse array of films, such as "Born & Raised," "Broken Dreams," and "El Regreso de Elías Urquijo."
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America (also known as Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Phi Mu Alpha, or simply Sinfonia) is an American collegiate social fraternity for men with a special interest in music. The fraternity is open to men &amp;quot;who, through a love for music, can assist in the fulfillment of [its] Object and ideals either by adopting music as a profession, or by working to advance the cause of music in America.&amp;quot;
SCI is an independent organization concerned with the fellowship, collaboration, career goals, and objectives of new and contemporary music composers and those interested in topics related to composition.
· Piano · In home Although today was my son's first lesson with Steven, I gave him 5 stars because my son really enjoyed the lesson and also liked him a lot. From the start, Steven was calm and very very patient. He made my son comfortable and worked around his pace and level.
· Piano · In home Steven was wonderful, my granddaughter was so happy that he is her teacher. She is looking forward to her next lesson on Saturday.
· Ableton · In home Steven was knowledgeable and patient
Will call on his services again
· Piano · In home Today was my first lesson and I immediately felt comfortable working with Steve. He is very friendly and easy going and I have no reason to doubt that my lessons will be laid back yet also very educational. I felt at ease with my questions and he is good at teaching what he wants to convey. I have every reason to think he's a great teacher and I'm looking forward to my next lesson next week.
· Piano · In home He is very patient with me and a wonderful teacher, guiding right track for my progress and less ones.
· Piano · In home My son Benjamin really liked his first lesson and wants to go on with the rest of the lessons. He is 12 yard old and he already knows clearly who he wanted as a teacher. I think Steven was a good choice. So far so good..
· Ableton · In home Very respectful of my concerns and comments. Always attentive to flow of my basic/limited technology.
· Piano · In home great first lesson
· Piano · In home Lessons with Steven are great! He was adept at assessing my current level and get me on the right track - and I have been improving faster than I ever could on my own. Give him a shot, you won't regret it!