- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi there! My name is Steve and I have my Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Performance for guitar. I have been playing the guitar for over 13 years now and have been teaching for over 4 years. I can play Jazz, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Fusion, Funk, Jam and Singer/Songwriter. Any of these genres I'm able to teach and give insight about playing and performing. I've worked with students who are absolute beginners to professional musicians who want to further their knowledge, all ages too. I've been gigging for over 6 years as well and I utilize my experiences to give my students the best music education in a holistic way that they can understand. I am motivated, flexible and eager to teach! Take a listen to some of my music!
I provide lessons to students of all ages and ability levels. I also provide trial lessons for interested students who aren't 100% sure and I have performed for video content on their websites.
I taught guitar lessons to UMass students while in college, I also taught lessons to students in Brattleboro, VT while I lived there and currently teaching lessons in the LA area since November 2016.
I was a substitute teacher, so I would cover lessons for teachers who took time off.
· Music Theory · In studio This tutoring session was probably the best I have ever had. I am taking a Music 101 course in which I am finding myself having trouble with. I took up tutoring with Stephen and he really broke down the steps. Sometimes, I do not understand things the first time when they are explained to me; and reading music happens to be one of them. However, I am very lucky to have Stephen as my tutor who is very patient in explaining the lesson to me. If you want a tutor who is patient and willing to invest time in helping you understand music, I highly recommend that you take Stephen.
· Guitar · In home Getting so much better at guitar thanks to Stephen!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Stephen is knowledgeable, hilarious, and easy to work with. He makes learning a fun and creative process and works with my schedule to make guitar an important part of my life. Thanks to him I am cruising along and finding that anybody can learn well with the right teacher.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home I had some minor experience before meeting with Steve, and he did a really great job of building on my previous experience while really giving me a much better understanding of music and music theory. Highly recommended!
· Guitar · In studio I have been playing guitar for more than 10 years. Decided to go back to lesson again. He is a guy who listen to your concern and apply his knowledge to help you improve. Coming up with his own lesson.. going over the material in a pace where I can follow through.
· Guitar · In home I would like to take a second and suggest Steve as a great guitar instructor.... I have been working with him fir a couple months now... my busy schedule does not always allow me enough time to practice like I should. But Steve has the patience needed to work through it with me. I am happy to learn from him, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an instructor.
· Guitar · In studio First of all - he is an amazing guitarist! Very talented for his age. He is really open to my ideas and goals as a musician. He helped me with my music theory and improvisation as well as rudiments. He was patient with my learning process and was able to adapt himself to the my learning style. Would recommend him to anyone! Also, a very funny and kind soul.