- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Stephen graduated from Ithaca College with degrees in Music Education and Clarinet Performance. He has studied with Michael Galvan at Ithaca College, Richard MacDowell of University of Texas-Austin, and has also studied with Edward Palanker of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Peabody Conservatory. Stephen's performance engagements include with the Cortland Repertory Theatre, Ithaca College Symphony Orchestra & Wind Ensemble, and Ithaca College Jazz Combos. He over 10 years' experience private teaching clarinet, saxophone and flute lessons to students of all ages.
Since graduating Ithaca College, Stephen has completed a post-baccalaureate at the University of Maryland College Park to apply to Dental School. In addition to his 10 years' music teaching experience, he is able to tutor students in Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and DAT Prep.
Performed with the Cortland Repertory Theatre for their productions of the following musicals:
-Buddy! The Buddy Holly Story (Tenor Sax)
-The Full Monty (Clarinet, Soprano Sax, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Flute)
-1940’s Radio Hour (Clarinet, Alto Sax, Flute)
I am a certified K-12 teacher in New York State.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America (also known as Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Phi Mu Alpha, or simply Sinfonia) is an American collegiate social fraternity for men with a special interest in music. The fraternity is open to men &amp;quot;who, through a love for music, can assist in the fulfillment of [its] Object and ideals either by adopting music as a profession, or by working to advance the cause of music in America.&amp;quot;
· Saxophone · In home Stephen has been my son's sax teacher for a year. I was reluctant to look for a teacher online, but was frustrated and unsuccessful in finding one through traditional methods. Stephen far exceeded my expectations. Stephen enhanced and furthered my son's musical education, tailoring lessons and including the music my son was eager to learn. The music director at school asked where my son was taking lessons because she could hear the difference when he played, saying that his individual practice time at school was focused and directed in a meaningful way.
Stephen also guided my son through the college audition process, providing targeted feedback on everything from music selections to proper preparation, while offering realistic insight into the process. Stephen has been a fantastic influence and I am most grateful.
· Saxophone · In studio I have had such an excellent experience with my saxophone teacher, Stephen. He is extremely patient, always encouraging and is very easy to work with.
Stephen has made may alterations to his teaching style to accommodate my visual impairment, enabling me to continually learn music in a most rewarding fashion.
I am learning how to read music, play by ear and practice songs of my choosing as well as standard practice lessons.
I am grateful to have such a professional, patient and understanding teacher who is excited about music and teaching it.
I have to recommend taking lessons with him as a beginner and as an advanced skilled individual looking to brush up on your skills
I am excited at the beginning and end of every lesson. I walk out with something to look forward to practicing and something to come back to my lesson to show.
· Saxophone · In studio As a beginner Sax player and also being new to music, I could not have found a better instructor! Although Stephen is well versed in music beyond his years, he still has the patience and willingness to meet me at my level and explain concepts that makes his class fun and interesting! He has a technical approach that I like and is prepared to discuss music theory to help broaden my understanding! You will also like his personality!!