- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I have over 20 years of experience working with singers and pianists of all ages. I'm comfortable teaching all styles of music. I have undergraduate and Master's degrees from the University of Michigan School of Music and I'm currently obtaining my Doctorate degree in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy from the University of Miami. I'm also an active performer, primarily in opera and concert. If you google my name, you'll find my website (which I can't post here) and you can see a more comprehensive view of my experience as a performer.
Private and group voice instructor
The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Piano · In studio My daughter starting taking lessons with Stephannie around age 10. I was looking for an instructor to teach piano to help introduce my kids to music before they chose an instrument in school. Stephannie was perfect. They learned far more than just piano, they learned to sight read music and learned theory and even got a chance to write a little music of their own. My son started with her around age 9. As a boy, he tended to rush and lose focus sometimes. Stephannie was always so patient and encouraging with both of the kids and worked with their strengths. At the same time, she always pushed them to grow musically. After 3 years, she had to move and we were so sad to see her go. Both of my kids went on to play instruments in school and are their section leaders (violin and trumpet). They can read music at a far more advanced level to most of their peers. That time with Miss Stephannie, building that early musical foundation, was invaluable.
· · I have been studying piano and voice with Stephannie for over three years and love working with her. I have had both face-to-face and online lessons. She is a master at starting where you are and finding the best approach for you in that moment. I have found parts of my voice I didn't know existed and have tackled a variety of piano pieces. Stephannie brings a wealth of knowledge about performing, technique, music history and style and lessons are always fun. I highly recommend Stephannie.
· Vocal Training · In studio Stephannie is the best. First, she is extraordinarily knowledgeable. Further, she is very creative, deeply intuitive about her individual students and their needs, upbeat and encouraging, and holistic in her approach. She is also one of finest people you will ever meet. I studied with Stephannie for about two years and was heartbroken when she left Michigan (at the same time as being happy for her). If you're looking for a voice teacher, look no further. You simply can't do any better than Stephannie.
· Piano · In studio I was so lucky to run across Stephannie! I has quit piano lessons when I wasn't loving my original teacher and was just doodling around on my own. Stephannie was great for me! She was willing to teach in a way I could work with. It was magical! She and I worked together for several years while she was in Michigan. She and I really worked well together!
· Vocal Training · In home I took voice from Stephannie for a year in MI. Absolutely the best teacher ! She gets into your soul and finds out what makes you tick . She has fantastic technique and a warm, loving personality. I want her back!!!
· Vocal Training · In studio I have studied with Stephannie for 4 1/2 years. I could never have hoped for a better teacher. She understands the vocal mechanisms, and can almost feel what you are doing vocally. She explains concepts very clearly. She's demanding, but fun. And she's also excited about learning new things herself and sharing them with her students, which I believe is a hallmark of a great teacher.
· Vocal Training · In studio My son was 13 years old when he began voice lessons with Stephannie. We were having a hard time time finding anyone who was willing to begin lessons while his voice was still changing, but I knew he needed help with basic vocal techniques. Within weeks of starting lessons with Stephannie my son made significant progress. He went from a gravelly sound that strained his voice to a clear, strong sound that protected his voice. Within a year and a half he was being cast in leading roles in community theater and high school musical productions. Stephannie is fun, knowledgeable and loves music and singing, and it is obviously contagious to her students. I couldn't recommend her more highly!