- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music has been my passion in life for as long as I can remember. When I was very young, I would listen to my mother play the piano and after she was finished, I would climb onto the bench and attempt to play what she had just played. Then when I was twelve, I started playing piano with my mother during the church services, then moved to play the organ a couple years later.
I grew up in a small town in Nebraska, and I jumped at any chance I could get to play the piano. I first taught myself with old piano books, then took several years of formal lessons and became the go-to person people would contact for anything piano. In high school, I accompanied the choir and show choir, played in the band and jazz band, performed solos, concerts, and accompanied vocal solos for the District Music Contest. My senior year I was the sole accompanist for this contest.
I went to Hastings College in Hastings, Nebraska and received my Bachelor of Arts Degree in Piano Performance. During my time at college, I performed several solo recitals, accompanied vocal and instrumental majors during their recitals, started teaching students of my own for the Piano Pedagogy classes (the study of teaching piano), and increased my knowledge of Music Theory.
After graduating, I began recruiting piano students to start a studio of my own. The best compliment I have ever received about being a piano teacher was the student wished to become a teacher of music, like me.
I also play the piano for ballet classes at the Arvada Center for the Arts. I have learned even more about teaching from the wonderful instructors there. I have worked there for the last 6 years, playing 4-5 days a week.
I have been teaching piano lessons for over 16 years and now I want to bring that experience to you.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a very laid back instructor, and I will ask you questions about your life and ambitions about learning to play the piano. This enables me to tailor my lesson plan to you specifically. I have several different methods that I employ, and I will work with you to recommend a method based on your personality or learning style.
When taking lessons with me, you will learn how to read music, count rhythms, position the body, identify notes on the keyboard, play full songs, and even create your own music. I also believe theory, history, and technique are important for a balanced lesson. Whether it's starting from the beginning, or picking up where you left off, I am confident that I can help you improve your skills at the piano.
I teach children 5 years and older. This is a great age to introduce music because it develops skills needed later in life, such as math, communication, and language.
*** Studio Equipment ***
living room with a small upright piano w/ seating for parents
Music books for the first lesson
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide music books for the first lessons, but then I expect them to pay for their own books so they can mark in them. They would need to provide a piano or keyboard.
*** Specialties ***
I teach mostly out of Alfred or Bastien Method books. But I do know other methods (Suzuki, Faber, Glover, and The Music Tree). I cater to the way the student learns best.
I teach all levels of piano and make sure that the student plays in a recital once a year.
I am classically trained, so I teach more towards classical or standard (vs. jazz, modern, etc.)
I play the piano for classical ballet classes
· Piano · In home Stephanie is great. She is great instructor, friendly, approachable, encouraging, and motivator. Our daughter really enjoys working with Mrs Stephanie. She works with the kids at their level-whatever that is and helps them to get feedback without being too harsh. Getting stickers for practicing is always nice too.
· Piano · In home Ethan my 6 years old son takes in home piano lessons with
Mrs. Stephanie. So far its been his third
Lesson with her and I'm very pleased to see
My son play so well on a duet with her. Ethan
Said he likes her a lot, she is nice and makes
His piano lesson fun to learn.
· Piano · In home Stephanie has been great at teaching ALL the boys in my home, from my very wiggly 5 year old, to my super competitive 7 year old and also my husband who plays in a garage band and needed to learn proper form in order to get to the next level. Stephanie has had to work with different learning styles from my very different boys and I'm delighted with their progress and all the help cultivating their appreciation and interest in music. I am SO excited to see my mother-in-law react to the 7 year old playing 'Carol of The Bells' next week when she gets into town. She doesn't know the grand kids started lessons. I think she will cry:) It is so fun to see my boys learn; I am very proud of their progress. Thanks Stephanie!!!
· · Thank you
Stephanie I have thoroughly enjoyed the lessons this year and have learned a lot. I am out of action for another few weeks with a cast on my leg but plan to continue lessons in 2014. Thank you for being patient and fun to learn with. Regards and Seasons Greetings,
· · Jacob
I am very impressed with Stephanie. My son has really enjoyed his lessons with Stephanie and she has really shown a lot of patience while teaching him. She is a very calm and relaxed person which is exactly what Jacob needs. :)