- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
As your teacher, I will encourage you to hone your talent and instill confidence in your singing.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 6+
- Teaching since:
Stephanie, a native of Miami, Florida began her musical studies at New World School of the Arts in South Florida, earned her Bachelor of Music degree from University of Florida, and obtained her Master of Music in Vocal Performance from the University of Miami.
As teacher, Stephanie has taught all ages in music. She was a music teacher at a private elementary school in Miami and a professor at Barry University in Miami Shores. Stephanie also specializes in helping in competition training, helping many students place in the top music schools.
As a performer, Stephanie performs in opera and concert performances across the United States. This season, Stephanie debuted with the Klezmer Orchestra singing Hodel in their production of Fiddler on the Roof, was a soloist at Barry University in Rossini’s Stabat Mater, and will be performing the title role of Hansel in Hansel and Gretel at Quisisana on Lake Kezar in Maine all summer.
Featured roles in past seasons have included the Miami Summer Music festival, where she participated in the Wagner Institute concert, and as Elizabeth Proctor in the new opera production of The Crucible. The Palm Beach Arts Paper noted that she “sang impressively, handling the music with confidence and flair.” She also sang the title role in Pinocchio at Cedar Rapids Opera, as well as Flora in La Traviata, Carmen in Carmen, Giulietta in Les contes d’Hoffmann, Meg in Mark Adamo’s Little Women, Mrs. Herring in Benjamin Britten’s Albert Herring and the Nurse in Michael Torke’s Strawberry Fields.
Stephanie placed 3rd nationally in the New York Lyric Opera Competition, where she made her Carnegie Hall debut. She was the winner of the Miami-Dade artist access grant award, and the Concerto Competition at New World School of the Arts. Stephanie has also placed in the semi-finals of the Florida Grand Opera/Young Patroness of the Arts competition, and the Palm Beach Opera Competition. She has participated in distinguished opera programs such as the Miami Music Festival, International Vocal Arts Institute, Opera Academy of California, and the Manhattan School of Music Summer Festival.
• Guide individual students to reach their musical and vocal potential
• Train students in various vocal styles including but not limited to classical, pop music, jazz and musical theatre
• Instruct students to master technical vocal skills
• Lead music classes for 1st-6th grade
• Lead music classes for pre-school
• Instruct children to read and sing various styles of music
• Organize winter and spring concert series
• Teach music listening lecture-based course and applied lessons
• Provide individual vocal instruction to students of all vocal ability levels
• Work with individual vocal students to improve their vocal skills including breathing technique, technical competency, articulation and comfort with various music styles
I've taken many lessons with Stephanie over the past 2 years, most of which via FaceTime or Skype which has always been successful, and convenient that neither of us has to travel.
Stephanie is patient beyond belief, but also incredibly driven and focused in her teaching technique. My range has expanded, my tone has become warmer, and I'm an all around better musician with her as my teacher. The way she approaches the voice is both confident and very professional, and I would happily recommend anybody to study with her; beginning, intermediate, or advanced. She is a gem!