- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Steph and I would love to teach beginner students who are just starting out and intermediate flute players who want to get better at fundamentals: tone, technique, vibrato, articulation, etc. I recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from Bloomsburg University with a Bachelor's of Arts degree in Music, where I focused on flute performance. While at Bloomsburg, I taught private lessons to college-age students who were beginners to intermediate flutists. I have studied many major classical works as well as modern works with extended techniques. I was principal chair of Bloomsburg University's Wind Ensemble and Concert Band for three years, and I was actively involved in our New Music Ensemble. I would love to help you improve your playing and I can't wait to teach you :)
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
In 1897 at the University of Maine, ten senior students, two faculty members, and the school president created an honor society that was different from the few others then in existence-one that recognized and honored excellence in all academic disciplines. Under the leadership of undergraduate student Marcus L. Urann, the group formed the Lambda Sigma Eta Society, which was later renamed Phi Kappa Phi from the initial letters of the Greek words forming its adopted motto: Philosophìa Krateìto Photôn, "Let the love of learning rule humanity." Phi Kappa Phi's mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
· Music Theory · In studio I had Stephanie as a tutor in music theory all the way through my theory classes in college, and she is a great help. She is very friendly and extremely patient, and helped me come out of my shell and feel comfortable in my theory classes. I cannot stress enough what a wonderful bright person she is, and how great she is at what she does! She is an extremely intelligent and qualified instructor, as well as being a brilliant flutist.
· Flute · In home I have been playing different instruments and singing since I was little, and I finally wanted to take a crack at the flute! Steph is a WONDERFUL teacher, she is dedicated and kind. She can found techniques that work for me and my tone improved a lot. I learned a lot from her and I have found a new hobbie. She is also a very good theory teacher and is good at explaining the concepts. I would recommend her to anyone!
· Flute · In studio Stephanie is an amazing flute teacher. I have some music experience, but I could never seem to get a single sound out of the flute. Steph found methods that worked for me and helped me learn how to finally make a sound! She is patient, encouraging, and really made me feel like my progress on the flute was important to her. I completely recommend her to anyone of any level.