If you are passionate about the guitar & music in general we will get along real well. Whether your interest lies in the electric or classical guitar I can offer a structured program of study based on my experience studying under some of the leading artists of both musical worlds.
After completing Classical Guitar studies & a Musicology degree I moved to Boston to study with some of Jazz's greatest musicians and pedagogues.
I believe in structuring the course of study and have seen that setting goals makes a huge difference & therefore there are opportunities for student recitals and/or recording sessions several times throughout the year.
While in Boston I was a faculty member of the South Shore Conservatory from 2008-2010. In NYC along with my a private studio, I freelance as a private & band instructor at the iSchool of Music & Art since 2010.
If you live in NYC and want to learn the guitar I would love to hear from you.
Teach Private Guitar (classical & electric) Theory/Ear Training Groups and Coach Bands
Private Guitar/Theory lessons
Taught Jazz/Rock and/or Classical Guitar to adolescents & adults.
Key Successes Include:
￼￼￼￼￼￼ Initiated and led a Rock Band group class within the Jazz/Rock dept. that offers playing favorite tunes while focusing on interplay and general musicianship to introduce students to ensemble playing. This class is one of the most popular ensembles of the SSC today.
Represented the Conservatory in all it's major events including the big annual fundraiser as well as the faculty concert series.
Prepared advanced students for Music College.
Taught group beginners classes at the Weymouth Primary school as part of an expansion program of the SSC in 2009.
· Guitar · In studio Great...!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I've taken lessons for several months with Stelios and found him to be an excellent teacher. He has a broad knowledge of guitar music and technique. He's thoughtful, patient and offers helpful tips on technique, style, and how to practice during every lesson. I always come away knowing something more about guitar playing. His lessons have rekindled my passion for the instrument and helped me improve -- not only by learning new classical and blues pieces, but with almost anything I play.
· Guitar · In studio I’ve had many music teachers over the years and I can confidently say that Stelios is among the best. He is extremely passionate and knowledgable about music, and genuinely enjoys digging into any and all material that you want to learn. Whether you want to learn a new song, work on your own songwriting, or dive into music theory, Stelios is always attentive and ready with encouragement and constructive feedback. He can very quickly figure out how to play a song after listening to it once or twice, and can always break it down so that it’s easy to learn. If you’re interested in songwriting, Stelios often accompanies you and will provide feedback that fosters both growth and independence. He is able to pinpoint both your strengths and your areas for improvement, and tailors his lessons to meet your needs as a student and a musician. Stelios makes his students feel comfortable immediately with his warm, sincere personality and his hospitality. It is clear that Stelios truly loves music of all varieties, and truly loves to teach and learn. These qualities, among many others, make him a rare and excellent guitar teacher.
· Guitar · In studio I've been learning with Stelios for about 6 months now, and I started with a very very basic knowledge of guitar. I can definitely say that I've made a lot of progress and commend him for being a patient teacher. He also has a lot of insight into why different techniques work and can pinpoint exactly why I'm not getting something — which comes from the years of experience with teaching. He's also just a great guy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable in class. : )
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Stelios is the best! I had never played guitar before and came to our first lesson as a complete beginner. Stelios teaches in a very clear and light-hearted manner. We've been doing everything from learning to read music to learning how to play my favorite songs. I'm always impressed by how quickly he's able to identify how to play the song and teach it to me. Lessons are always fun and very engaging. I highly recommend him!!
· Audition Prep · In studio Great teacher. Stelios is really passionate about what he does and how he teaches. He knows Just the tricks to get you from point A to B in your playing, as long as you're willing to work. My experience entailed audition prep, so with him I wasn't just learning a few songs, but rather things i'd use ever-long in my guitar endeavors. Things that will always be useful. He'd connect whatever I played to it's theory to help my understanding of how the two things worked together. There's so much to learn and i'm convinced he could show you most, If not all of it.
All in all, I've enjoyed my time with Stelios and I think anyone else would.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online My daughter has started lessons with Stelios as a beginner. He has been very patient and tends to break things down to make it easy and fun. She truly enjoys each lesson and feels very much at ease with Stelios as her teacher. I would highly recommend Stelios!
· Classical Guitar · In studio Guitar teachers are a dime a dozen.
Stelios is one in a million.
Next to every review of a teacher you'll see
a rating of 1-to-5 stars. For me Stelios gets a 10.
I'm always sorry when my lesson with him ends.
Each time he impresses me more. And each
time I feel I've improved. He's got me playing
classical pieces I never thought I could play.
I'm amazed at how much he knows and how
beautifully he plays. And any style.
What a talent. What s nice guy. And what
If he's got slot open I recommend you grab it.
You won't find better.
· Music Theory · In studio Stelios really knows and understands how to guide a student to their objective. He has really helped me understand music more and helped guide me towards my development as a musician. Stelios really is an amazing teacher and knows how to connect with his students.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Stelios shares his extensive knowledge of music with his students while incorporating enjoyment into each lesson. My son has learned a lot and still likes to play the guitar. His demeanor is very calm and pleasant. Overall, a great instructor with tons of knowledge in his field that he is willing and excited to share!