- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Greetings! My name is Sphie (Pronounced Sfee). I offer a relaxed, fun and focused approach to singing lessons, piano, yoga, meditation and fitness. It is my goal to meet the individual's personal needs. I offer training to all levels and ages and creatively empower education in music, mindfulness, health and yoga. I offer this education as a tool for overall lifestyle enhancement outside of lessons. I have spent the past ten plus years teaching all ages and accept beginner to advanced students.
I received an A.A.S. in Vocal Performance from McNally-Smith College of Music in the Twin Cities, and studied Piano, Classical Opera and Musical Theater throughout my youth. I specialize in classical and pop-based vocal training and piano instruction.
I am also a Hatha/Vinyasa, ERYT200 Yoga Instructor specializing in vinyasa, hatha, and restorative yoga technique for increased flexibility, stress relief and restoration. I teach all age ranges from beginner to advanced. I have trained nationwide with instructors such as Shiva Rea, Seane Corn and Hala Khouri.
Here is my article on the TakeLessons Blog about being a confident singer!
At Sphie Music, I offer public and private education in yoga, vocal performance, piano and self-awareness.
At Arts for Learning, I offered public workshops on Pop performance in building self-confidence, communication and collaboration.
ERYT200 yoga instructor, therapeutics
Certification completes RYT200 level requirements for the Yoga Alliance. Hatha/Vinyasa Flow based certification focusing on breath and alignment.
Internationally certified as a RYT200 via the Yoga Alliance
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the yoga community. Our mission is to spread the power of yoga one person at a time.
We believe that the individual experience of yoga is of paramount importance, and are committed to supporting the passage of yoga from trainer to teacher, teacher to student, and student to aspiring yogi. Our role as the national support organization for the yoga community is to ensure that the practice of yoga will keep growing, so that more people will connect with yoga and be transformed. As an organization we keep several core values at heart: service, excellence, transparency, learning and community.
· Vocal Training · In studio Sphie is an AMAZING vocal teacher! She is so knowledgeable and really encouraging!!!
· · Awesome lady!
· · Sphie's education and musical experience have made her very talented and well rounded in her abilities!! Highly recommend !
· · Sphie has experience in many areas of both music and health. She has a kind voice that will help to guide you no matter what lessons you might be taking. Whether starting from scratch or getting back up on the bicycle after some time away, she is your gal!
· Yoga · In home Sphie is an amazing presence and has great depth. She is fearless in her attention to others and capacity to hold an authentic & powerful space. She is strong and grounded, while also light and fluid. Having built a solid foundation through years of dedicated personal practice, she offers truly potent teaching and transformational experiences for her students.
· Music Performance · In studio Sphie has been a fantastic instructor and dedicated person. She respects her own crafts and it shows in work with others, as her excellence in facilitation of a student reaching their goals and coming in to their own.
· Piano · In studio I have been fortunate to receive lessons from Sphie for both piano and private yoga. As a beginner piano student she made instruction very comfortable, easy and fun.
Her yoga instruction is superior due to her overall knowledge of both body and mind. This helped me in achieving new positions. Her passion for music and yoga is very apparent and comes through in her teaching.
· Piano · In studio Sphie is a wonderful teacher. She is very passionate, dedicated, and patient with the lessons and students.
· Yoga · I have had many, many yoga teachers in the past four decades, but I would rate Sphie as my best yoga teacher ever! My yoga practice has reached a whole new level because of my experience in her classes.
· Yoga · In studio This woman is a deep breath, a slow vinyasa, a gulp of fresh, musical air that supportively punches you square in your source of self-renewal. :D