- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, my name is Sophie and I am originally from Belgium. French is my native language and I have over ten years of teaching experience!
I obtained my bachelor degree in education in 2004 and taught languages in a middle school until 2010-from which I got tenure. I then moved to San Diego with my husband when he was offered a job as a researcher at UCSD. My experience also includes teaching one-on-one, semi-private lessons and groups, teaching in China, volunteering in French-American schools, etc.
I love teaching French and my goal is for you to love learning it!
I believe you learn best when you have fun so I try for my lessons to be interactive (dialogues, flashcards, games...) and to make you speak as much as possible!
Depending on your level and interests we will use different texts, news articles, etc. and will progressively learn grammar and vocabulary in a natural and enjoyable way!
I am a happy mother of two young boys, I love hiking, yoga, traveling and playing music! I consider myself outgoing and I enjoy meeting people!
I am looking forward to start our French lessons together!
Four weeks intensive program- delivered by the College of International Education-East China University of Science and Technology.
Listed by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
English courses-Adelphi Unviersity, Manhattan.
· · In home I would like to thank Sophie for these lessons in English!
I learnt a lot of vocabulary, sentences thanks to conversations and exercices!
She's a very nice and welcoming person! When i come back in Carlsbad, i'll take another lessons with her, for sure!!
· French · In home It was such fun to try to remember our hight school and college french. Sophie was very good at getting us to speak. She made us feel very comfortable.
· French · In studio Sophie was friendly and engaging from the start. She eased me into speaking French after several years of no study. I have good homework to do and look forward to our next lesson.
· French · A very knowledgeable teacher, strong on grammar and au courant conversation style. Creative in lesson planning and her classes are a pleasure to attend.
· French · In studio I have been with Sophie in a French conversation class for some years with other people and also have taken private sessions with her, both have been rewarding, interesting, enjoyable and professional. Sophie is a lovely person, who loves sharing her language with you, with her I have kept my interest for French alive and have been able to continue to gain language skills and insight through her. For me, it has been so fortunate that our paths crossed, she is an exceptional person and teacher.
· ESL · Class is very dynamic, lots of different methods to teach, new vocabulary every week .
· French · In studio I have to say that of all the many language lessons I have taken in my life, I have never see such progression in just a short amount of time! Sophie's technique is exceptionally effective and was personalized to my life and language goals. She is professional yet also very pleasant, friendly and interesting to talk to. I plan to return to her as soon as I'm ready to take up studying French once again! Merci Sophie!
· French · In studio Sophie is an incredibly patient, kind, and wonderful teacher. She always went above and beyond to provide a comfortable & convenient setting for lessons. More than that, she is a very intelligent, down-to-earth person who will make your experience very personal and enjoyable. I've never had a tutor like Sophie, and I could only hope that I would get some lessons from her again someday!
· French · In studio Sophie is excellent and is my absolute go-to in San Diego. Believe me, I know because I have had several French tutors/teachers in the San Diego and Bay area. She is a keen listener and will tailor your lessons to your personal or professional needs. Sophie is also great at providing a nice flowing lesson while still providing a good academic backbone to what you are studying. Stop your search, she's it. -Paul Jeffrey, Academic Services Advisor, Kaplan College