Sonya has performed solo, chamber and choral works at Southern Oregon University, Rogue Music Theatre and Rogue Opera. After graduating at SOU with BA's in both Music Performance and Music Education, she was given the opportunity for many starring roles in opera, musical and stage theatre throughout Oregon. Currently, her favorite audience consists of her three young children who often accompany her on the piano or drums!
Sonya also has had the pleasure of becoming a Master Organizer and Health and Wellness guru with many thanks to her husband and children and is looking forward to sharing her wealth of knowledge with others!!
Private vocal and piano instructor for over 50 students a term.
Performed a chorus role in a main stage production of HMS Pinafore (or The Lass That Loved a Sailor) under the direction of Roger O. Doyle.
Performed a compromario role as Kate Stanley in a main stage production of The Pirates of Penzance (also known as the Slave of Duty) in collaboration with Opera a la Carte; the leading Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Company in the Nation.
Performed a chorus role in a main stage production of Amahl and the Night Visitors.
Performed a leading role in the musical Carousel for five weeks; required performing in front of nightly audiences of up to five hundred people.
Performed a chorus role in a main stage production of HMS Pinafore (or The Lass That Loved a Sailor) in collaboration with Opera a la Carte; the leading Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Company in the Nation.
*Side note, in between performance nights, I was also performing my Senior Recital!!
Performed a chorus role in a main stage production of Hansel and Gretel.
· Classical Piano · In home Omg!!! She is a great teacher, I have been learning piano with her for 5 years, and she is the nicest teacher ever. She gives feedback, for what she liked, and what you can improve on. She has made me learn that with lots of time great things can happen, and to shoot for the stars. Everyday she will ask "How are you" and I would say what happened in school like she was my mom, and she would nod patiently. I Think she is the best teacher ever. If you are looking for a Piano teacher she should certainly be one of the options. THANKYOU SONYA!!!!
· Piano · In home Sonya listens about what matters to the students and has a lot of feedback. Strongly recommend
· Piano · In home My 5-year-old son warmed right up to Ms Sonya...she was able to keep his attention and made it fun for my son.🎹 Kudos!
· Piano · In home My son just had his first lesson with Sonya and he loved it! Sonya did an excellent job with him by keeping him motivated and excited to learn. She made sure to move on when he was ready.
· Piano · In home She's very kind. My son, 8 years old, is really like her.
· Piano · In home My daughter thought Sonya was really nice and had fun learning piano from her.
· Piano · In home Sonya is a great teacher! She is very patience and answer my questions in detail.
She knows all kind of music and teach me fun music to play the piano.
· Piano · In home Sonya is awesome!