- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I maintain a home studio in Catonsville and my school-age students have consistently been successful in competitions and auditions. I teach all ages, beginner through adult, and would also be pleased to offer flute ensemble or sectionals as well.
I have over 12 years of professional performing experience. While serving with the U.S. Army Field Band, I participated in numerous educational outreach activities ranging from elementary school presentations introducing younger students to music, high school sectionals and individual lessons, Google Hangouts for distance learning, and college-level master classes for flute students and chamber music groups.
I completed a Doctorate of Musical Arts at the University of Maryland, College Park in 2010. My thesis covered modern works by Flutist-Composers. I can introduce you to the work of extended techniques on the flute, while also providing a solid foundation in technique, tone production and interpretation.
Performed 17 recitals at top music schools around the US and Puerto Rico. Led master classes and coached college and high school chamber music groups.
Performed Flute and Piccolo in one of America's premiere military musical ensembles. Toured over 100 days per year. Featured soloist on six national tours.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Flute · In studio My 3rd lesson with Sarah today as an adult flute student returning to play after a long hiatus: Truly incredible! Sarah is very attentive to my focus on improving tone, breathing, embouchure & more. Today we also played a couple duets which helped me with sight reading. Molly
· Flute · In studio Background: Although I had played flute some years ago, I had not played for the last dozen years, and now with more time available, I was eager to get back to it. Having read Sarah's bio & watched her Army Field Band video, she seemed like the perfect teacher for me. Sarah met all my expectations. She listened carefully to my goals for the lessons. She truly is a professional, advising me on my concerns which were how to get a more beautiful tone, how to strengthen my embouchure, to find the best finger exercises to improve dexterity, and more.