- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Simona and I am a passionate, determined young flutist. I recently graduated with a Master Degree in Music from Aaron Copland School of Music, NY. I love teaching and spreading my love for the music to my students, as much as I adore playing my flute. I have had the opportunity to perform in many venues, different cities in United States and Europe and there is no greater joy to me than playing music and seeing the happiness in people's eyes. I have also experienced teaching in different settings, such as, groups, as well as private flute teaching. I love what I do and I put diligent work to grow each day, so I can inspire and motivate my students.
In my experience as an instructor, I have found that students learn easier if they can hear the sound they want to create; therefore, I always strive to be in my best performing shape, so I can play duets with my students and help them learn easier. I also encourage their daily practice to be smarter than harder. My goal is to teach the students to love what they do and be excited about their playing. I encourage them to perform even in small setting before family, so they can increase their confidence in playing. I am looking forward to meet new, enthusiastic students of all ages and levels!
Education: Aaron Copland School of Music Flushing, NY
Master of Music
Major: Music Performance with Flute
University of Central Arkansas , Conway,AR
Bachelor Degree in Music
Major: Music Performance in Flute
-CAFTA Organization Award for an Outstanding Musician of the year
-Winner of the 2013 University Concerto Competition
-The Discimus ut Serviamus Award, Spring 2015/16
Rhythm School of Music, Private Music Studio Four years of private teaching experience working with students of all ages and levels
Flute and piano instructor for elementary and high school students
Music theory group instructor Taught all woodwind and piano students in preparation for New York State School Music Association Auditions
The American Classical League was founded in 1919 for the purpose of fostering the study of classical languages in the United States and Canada. Membership is open to any person who is committed to the preservation and advancement of our classical inheritance from Greece and Rome.
The Americana Music Association is a professional trade organization whose mission is to advocate for the authentic voice of American Roots Music around the world.
· Flute · In home Simona is an excellent teacher. She is patient and kind towards my son. I highly recommend her. She is excellent.
· Flute · In home My daughter has had only two lessons with Simona but the benefit is easy to see. There is a passion for excellence that is being instilled but keeping the lessons fun. This is hard to accomplish but Simona is doing it. She has been very cooperative and helpful in scheduling lessons. It has been a pleasure so far and I look forward to great reviews in the future. I highly recommend this teacher!