- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I'm Shuhuan, a well-trained classical pianist with MA in Music and Music Education from Columbia University and BA in Music Education from Central Conservatory of Music. You could learn in both Chinese and/or English. I'm experienced with utilizing Dalcroze and Orff methods to teach piano in which more improvisation and eurhythmics experiences you will get from my lesson!
Flexible & fun-loving.
Takes pride in helping students succeed.
The International Chamber Orchestra of America (ICOA), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building a sustainable community for extraordinary musicians who have come to New York City from around the world.
The program provides talented musicians professional orchestral training that aims to enhance the artists’ musicianship, while building extra-musical skills including but not limited to: effective collaboration, social awareness, and interpersonal communication.
Dalcroze Eurhythmics is a unique and powerful way to cultivate musical awareness and understanding. It utilizes the physical response to music, redefining the coordination between ear, brain, and body to develop musicianship and musical imagination in a joyful and stimulating way. An "embodied" sense of rhythm, harmony, and melody leads to vital performance and teaching.
Based on the artistic and pedagogical principles of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze, the Dalcroze approach teaches an understanding of music's fundamental concepts, expressive meanings, and deep connections to other arts and activities. Performers, teachers, dancers, actors, children, and senior citizens can all benefit from this approach which incorporates rhythmic movement, aural training and improvisation.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
· · In home Shuhuan P. is one of the most beautiful and friendly teachers I have ever met. I believe that her professionalism and excellent communication skills will give you a great learning experience.My daugher had a great time learning with her. I believe you will a wonderful experience too!
· Piano · In studio Shuhuan is a very candid teacher, I must say I like her style very much. Her approach is methodical, which I think is very helpful when you are starting out with the instrument. She is a competent, observing, and patient teacher, will consider hiring her again.
· Classical Piano · In home Ms. ShuHuan is very patient and takes her time. She also has a great personality and makes me feel at ease during the lesson.
· Classical Piano · Online A very nice instructor! An eye-opening experience.