If you will notice - I am the only accordion teacher that only teaches accordion. That is what I play, that is all I play, I have studied with the best - Willard Palmer & Bill Hughes. I have owned and operated an accordion music school for over 20 years - with as many as 300 students at any one time.
I have conducted Master Accordion Workshops all over the US and in Alaska. I have produced instructional You Tube lessons and several DVDs.
I have had my own performing combo for 22 years and a history of strolling in Italian and German restaurants since I was 16.
I teach the piano keyboard accordion as well as the B & C system Chromatic. I also have written lesson materials for the 3 row Diatonic Accordion. I currently have an accordion teaching staff of over 6 instructors and 125 students.
*** In Studio Lesson ***
The student will bring instrument. AND Cd player (IPhone) - if using accompaniment selections or wants selections recorded for practice purposes.
*** On-Line Lesson***
Lesson material will be emailed in advance. Min. Charge based on selections used.
*** Lesson Materials ***
I use Palmer & Hughes instruction books and personally arranged selections for the taste of the student. I use personally produced accompaniment CDs for enhanced performance of students. I train classically and instruct to the style the student wants. Italian, German, French, Cajun, Tex-Mex, etc.
My philosophy - if it ain't fun - it ain't worth it!!!! Please check out our Facebook - Houston Accordion Performers
I opened the music school in 2009 and have over 6 instructors and 125 accordion students. We also teach guitar, bajo, and bass.
I write and arrange most of the lesson materials based on by experience with Palmer & Hughes Lessons books and years of teaching and performing.
We sell and repair all brands of accordions - so we know how they work and and can fix anything you bring in.
I owned and operated another music school in Ohio for 14 years with over 10 instructors and over 300 piano keyboard accordion players.
They competed nationally in solo and ensembles and appeared on national TV and even made a record.
The ATG is strictly a nonprofit, noncommercial, educational organization and is governed by the teacher members and accordion professionals. The ATG has presented many important seminars, lectures and concerts in conjunction with its annual competition and festival and has brought the accordion to the attention of many top musicians and music educators across the country. The ATG has also been instrumental in promoting the acceptance of free bass accordion into several important universities and colleges where a student may work toward a degree with accordion as their major instrument.
· Accordion · Online Shelia's awesome! Appreciate her patience and heart for music
· Accordion · Online tired:)
· Accordion · Online awesome. just awesome.
· Accordion · Online awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
· Accordion · Online Shelia knows every aspect of the Accordian and she is a great teacher- breaks down skills and understands teaching- very enthusiastic !
· Accordion · Online Excellent instructor who is cheerful ,caring, and goes the extra mile to make sure you understand the material.Provided practice excerce notes before each class to prepare for a productive lesson.She is flexible with scheduling a class to suit you and give extra time to complete a task
· Accordion · Online I am an advanced musician but a novice at accordion. Shelia has done an excellent job of providing materials that are interesting and fun for me, and the material moves forward at a logical pace. She makes her own arrangements and instructional materials. Shelia also has a sense of humor and a lot of enthusiasm. Lessons are fun. I highly recommend her.
· Accordion · Online Very knowledgable instructor with a good ear -- which is important if you're taking online classes. Has a huge repertoire of sheet music to share so you can focus on the type of music you like.
· Accordion · Online Shelia has enabled me, in eleven months @ two lessons per month, to progress from an absolute beginner on my diatonic 2 row accordion to playing some 30 songs: polkas, waltzes, childrens, popular, folk music and gospel songs. She makes the learning process fun, interesting, and challenging. Shelia does this by arranging for my lessons printed music sheets designed to move me along to getting better. Her music arrangements are also harmonically beautiful beyond belief. You cannot go wrong choosing her to be your teacher.
· Accordion · Online Very enthusiastic and practical, and the lesson was tailored specifically for my questions and my level of education. Shelia sent me materials to study prior to the lesson and a follow-up email with reminders. Great experience.