Males 5 to 14
I'm a 27 year old voice teacher, graduating from Rhode Island College with a Bachelor's Degree in Musical Theatre Performance. I have been teaching voice for almost 4 years now and I couldn't be happier with my career! I love music, and I love being with children, so being a voice teacher is the best fit for me. I have participated in many theater companies in Rhode Island, most recently appearing as the lead female role in Rhode Island College's "Pippin". I have had ten years of vocal training with several voice teachers, so I know what it is like to be the student. Being a student for so long, I know what works and is helpful, and what doesn't work. I look forward to my lessons as a teacher, and I know you will look forward to our lessons too!
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm a patient, easy going person and I like to make my students feel comfortable. Our lesson will always be FUN! It will also be productive. We will work on areas that the student wants to improve on, and I will offer constructive criticism, all with a positive outlook. I provide recitals for my students several times a year. You will have the chance to show family and friends what you have learned from our lessons!
During lessons, I like to focus on the students strengths', and I will find songs that highlight the students best qualities in their voice. Our lessons will start with warm-ups, and after your voice is ready to go, we will learn and practice songs that I have selected for you with your interests in mind. The songs that I choose will be from my vocal books and I will provide you with copies of the sheet music, and also a CD of the songs so you can practice in between lessons. As our lessons progress, you will be able to sing with a stronger, healthier voice and overall, just sound better!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a keyboard and I will bring that to our lessons. I will also provide the student with the music we study and a folder to keep it in.
*** Specialties ***
I have a lot of experience in musical theater singing. I love many styles of music, so I'm sure after finding out what you are interested in, I could find songs we can work on that you will love to learn and perfect!
· Singing · In home My daughter can't wait to go back
Thanks Shayna for a great first impression especially since we had a drive from south county 😍❤️
· Broadway Singing · In studio My daughter had a wonderful experience and is excited about her next class
· Singing · In studio Patient, intuitive and fun!!!!
· Singing · Online Shayna is the absolute best. we're happy with Shyna my daughter's a beginner but you'd never know it she's patient she's kind she's a very good teacher we're very excited thanks
· Singing · In home After one 1/2 lesson with Shayna we decided that isn't enough! She is encouraging and very upbeat. We want to go for one hour lessons and keep on going! Thank you Shayna
· Singing · In studio She was very engaging and encouraging and passionate about what she does
· Singing · In studio Amazing teacher, took the time to help me hammer down important techniques of singing . super patient and also very talented!
· Singing · In home Our 6yr old daughter loves Shayna. She waits at our window until she arrives. Shayna is very polite and patient. They sound lovely when they sing together. They are only a few weeks into lessons and my daughter is already starting to learn her second song.
· Singing · Shayna is awesome
My son has taken lessons with Shayna and although we have to take a break due to financial reasons, I can't say enough good about Shayna.
My son LOVES her and usually he talks and doesn't want to do things someone elses way but with Shayna he followed what she asked and she made incredible progress with him in a very short period of time.
She was patient with him and had a wonderful way to get him to learn necessary things without him realizing it. She was able to keep him focused and very interested.
I would highly recommend Shayna to any parent that is looking for a teacher for his/her child.
We will rebook with Shayna soon.
· Singing · Oustanding teacher
Shayna has done an outstanding job showing me how to use my talent and developing my confidence! She is an excellent teacher!!