Hello all you musically inclined people!
Thanks for stopping by!
I offer two kinds of singing classes: A) Singing Yoga and B) Classical Training (with focuses in jazz, musical theater, pop/rock/indie).
For those who are interested in the singing yoga course, just click on the link above that says "yoga".
For those interested in traditional vocal instruction, read below:
1) I STRIVE TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT THAT CATERS TO YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE. I know firsthand as both a student and a teacher that no two learners absorb information the same way. Therefore, during the lessons, I will pay attention to your unique learning style and craft my instruction around that.
2) I'M GOING TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS. I don't mean to put you on the spot and I don't expect you to know the answers right off the bat, but I ask because I'm curious to see what you think the answer might be or what you already know. And of course, I'll tell you the answer after anyway.
3) I WANT YOU TO ASK ME QUESTIONS. I especially stress this with my younger students. Don't be afraid to ask me questions. It's good to have a curiosity about music or to ask something if you didn't understand when I explained it the first time.
4) I CAN ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR, YOU HAVE TO MEET ME HALFWAY. While professional vocal instruction is unarguably extremely valuable, it's not enough. I will coach you and provide feedback as well as equip you with a comprehensive music education and vocal techniques, but you will still have work to do during the time in between our lessons. I will expect you to do the vocal warm ups and various exercises I give you on a daily basis. The golden ticket to becoming a polished singer is to keep up with it every day just like you would with any other skill.
5) THERE IS NO QUICK WAY ABOUT DOING THIS. I have had LOTS of potential students contact me asking how long it will take to become a good singer. I'll let you in on a secret: Celine Dion still takes singing lessons. Even the most seasoned singers in the world never end their vocal instruction. So you can take lessons for as long or as little as you would like, but if you are really dedicated to becoming better, you never stop learning how to become better.
6) I'M GOING TO PUSH YOU OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. It's natural for humans to place mental limitations on themselves. During lessons, I will ask you to do things you don't think you can or might feel too embarrassed to try. Learning how to sing is a confidence-building experience. I will remind you that I have been in the same boat as you and it just takes time and trying to conquer fears and become a strong singer.
7) YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN EVERY DIFFERENT COMPONENT OF VOCAL INSTRUCTION. We will cover the following: music warm ups, breathing exercises, physical warm ups, repertoire building, stylization, performance, technique, and music theory. My goal is to make you fluent in the language of music.
8) I'M EASY-GOING: I feel it is only fair that I warn you about my sense of humor (I try to infuse it into everything I do...keep life light and humorous :) ). I never make fun of my students, but I'm a pro at making fun of myself. My point is, I encourage you to laugh off mistakes. Be prepared for those. Your voice will crack, you'll hit a note wrong....you're just going to royally mess up. Don't worry about it. These lessons are a judgment free zone and I try to infuse humor into them. Besides, you have to mess up to get better anyway.
So shoot me a message! I can't wait to get stated with you!!
Teaches students 8 and up
Private Vocal Instruction as SUNY Fredonia School of Music from SUNY Fredonia School of Music
Awarded 2010 Chautaqua's Got Talent Countywide Competition from Big Time Productions
Shannon is great with my 10 year old daughter. She has learned so much.
She was a great teacher
I was really nervous and she made me feel comfortable and relaxed I really look forward to more lessons with her in the very near future #imsoexcited!!!
I am quite happy with Shannon. She is really good with the kids and was able to give self confidence to my daughter and get her come out of the shell a bit. She is good in theory also. We really like Shannon, and will recommend to anyone.
She has been doing great with my 9 yr old daughter! I can already see a major difference in her after only 5 sessions. She is more confident and is projecting her voice better. She looks forward to her lessons with Shannon.
My 11yo daughter has had singing lessons with Shannon. She's great! Just the right balance of encouragement and pushing her, and is a real professional who clearly knows her stuff - both singing, and teaching.
I liked that Shannon did NOT waste time. We paid for a 30 min. session & that's what we got! I must admit being skeptical b/c she just has began online and had no reviews. Hey, you got to start somewhere. The affordable price was a driving force in my selection. I really feel like we won the jackpot. YOU DO GREAT SHANNON!Show More
Art For Humanity
In 2013, I started a small production company that specializes in creating live entertainment to fundraise for individuals, families, and non-profit organizations in need of monetary and community support. As the CEO of this artistic company, my work consists of directing, producing, marketing, and recruiting new talent. I stage concerts, music showcases, musicals, and plays. With these productions, I have worked with both child and adult performers and helped them fine tune their artistic talents. I know how to cultivate a setting where the artistically and musically inclined can reach their fullest potential, whether I'm directing them in rehearsals or coaching them privately.
Big Time Productions
At 16, I landed my first professional acting gig with the theater company Big Time Productions in Western, NY. I have continued to perform with them and other companies for several years. As an actor, some of the most prominent roles I have portrayed include Joanne Galloway (A Few Good Men), Van's Sister (Dog Sees God), and Judy (Rebel Without a Cause). As a singer, some of the musicals I have taken part in with both ensemble and lead roles include "Cinderella", "The Who's Tommy", "The Great American Trailer Park Musical", "Willy Wonka", and "Pirates of Penzance". Additionally, I have performed in concerts and live radio shows for years for a variety of fundraisers.
La Scala Jazz Lounge
I was the resident headline jazz singer at La Scala Lounge and Restaurant every weekend for two years. I performed Norah Jones, Billie Holiday, and everything in between. My passion was crooning ballads from the 40's and getting the patrons excited with upbeat Frank Sinatra numbers.
SUNY Fredonia School of Music
Private Vocal and Piano Instruction
CASAC Awareness Theater
Fluent / Native Proficiency
Big Time Productions
Let Our Student Counselors Help You
We can match you with the perfect teacher and take care of all your scheduling needs.