- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am an music instructor with 27 years of experience. I have a Bachelor's degree in Sacred Music with a major in Voice. I have been playing piano for 35 years with having been an accompanist for choirs and soloists and a pianist at weddings and churches. I am a believer that anyone can learn piano and improve their abilities! I also know that a knowledge of music and music theory go together to improve one's learning ability in any area of his/her life. The student and I would work together. I don't just teach the "how to", I help and encourage taking time at the lesson to learn and understand the music. I am a huge advocate of building the student's skills during the lesson time and using the rest of the week on their own to continue to review the skills they have already acquired. I have a piano recital once a year in the spring. 2 or 3 months ahead, we decide on a song they like that will show off their acquired skills. I look forward to being your teacher! We will have fun learning!
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a friendly person and like to put everyone at ease. I try to adapt to each student's learning style. As I have hinted at in my bio, I teach the skills and then we work together on these skills during the lesson. The idea is for the knowledge and skills to come together before the student tries on their own. The student actually learns quicker this way and we repeat lessons much less. The student also desires to learn when they see those goals being attained at a quicker pace. I usually average one lesson book every 2-3 months, depending on the student.
*** Specialties ***
I have taught every method available for piano. My preference is Faber & Faber. For more advanced students we create our own curriculum.
I average twice a month volunteering as a keyboardist for my church, Real Life Church. I play with a band: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, drums, and other various instruments.
I've been a private instructor full time and part time since I graduated from college in 1992.
General music teacher for 5th & 6th graders
Directed musicals for the 5th & 6th grade
10-12th grade Mixed Choir
Piano and Vocal Lessons within the school
Teaching the Worship Singers harmony to the worship songs for the services.
Children's Drama Director
Paid pianist for the services.
Song leader in the services
Children & Adult Drama Director
· Piano · In home Shae was very knowledgeable. Easy to learn with. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be! Really glad I'm starting.
· Piano · In studio She was kind and patient and fun!
· Piano · In studio I feel much better about taking piano lessons--at my age. Shae understood my goals and set a reasonable program for me to achieve those goals.
· Piano · In home She's very friendly and great with my almost 5 years old. She's able to keep my daughter engage in her lesson for 30 minutes which is pretty impressive.
· Piano · In home My daughter loves her piano lessons with Shae. She is a kind and patient teacher and makes the lessons fun.
· Piano · In home Shae is always on time and ready to go. She is friendly and kind, but still pushes my daughter to learn and challenge herself. We have had a great experience with Shae and would recommend her to others.
· Piano · In home We have loved our experience with Shae. She comes right to our home and is very affordable.
Our daughter loves piano and Shae has truly helped develop this love with individualized teaching.
· Piano · In studio I consider my self fortunate to have Shae as an instructor. She is a marvelous person. I thank Shae for all her kindness.
· Piano · In studio She's great. She is doing very good with my son. The way she teaches is excellent. She is kind. Recommend!
· Piano · In home Both of our daughters take piano lessons with Shae. Shae is patient and positive with our children, and moves at a good pace. We appreciate her enthusiasm and energy she brings to the lessons. Consequently, our children really enjoy their lessons and are eager to practice and learn more.