- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Seth is a teacher, performer and composer from the Bay Area. He has been teaching privately for the past seven years on a variety of instruments. He has performed in Vienna, Paris, San Francisco, Berkeley and Sacramento with classical orchestras, and as a soloist and in multiple bands.
Seth has experience with the Suzuki Method, but teaches using his own style that is geared towards each student's strengths. He has helped his many students achieve proficiency on the violin.
It is Seth's belief that music was made to be made with others. He accompanies his classical students on the violin, and his traditional students on the mandolin. He teaches his students with an emphasis on ensemble playing, to prepare them for orchestral and chamber music, not only solo playing.
Seth studied violin classically with William Barbini, Catherine Heusner-Willefert and Florie Brown. He has taken classes led by fiddlers Alasdair Fraser, Jeremy Kittel and Mark O'Connor.
Seth studied Composition at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music under Elinor Armer. He has studied traditional harmony, counterpoint. His own compositions feature traditional and 20th century harmonies, serialism and free atonality.
Seth teaches music theory from the ground up, beginning with chord constructing and going all the way to formal analysis.
· Violin · In home Seth was very patient and taught me a piece in one hour.
I enjoyed the lesson very much.
· Violin · In home Seth is amazing. The very first lesson with my daughter was a huge success - and ever since then, she always looks forward to her lesson with him.
Seth is very professional, caring and engaging. He makes learning the violin fun! I would highly recommend Seth as a violin teacher.
· Violin · In home Seth is patient and kind with my daughter.
She's looking forward to having next lesson.
· Violin · In home For my 10 year old son, who often has trouble focusing, Seth does a great job making the lessons both fun and challenging. He's been very patient, and is able to present the material in a wide variety of ways.