- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Love to sing? I am available to teach private lessons or group lessons. My goal as a voice teacher is to help you find your own voice and sound in a healthy way. For the past 12 years, I have been dedicated to singing. I am fascinated by the multiple facets of the human voice and its extraordinary power to communicate, inspire and heal.
Professional singer and touring artist, mostly working on the jazz and contemporary classical scene in New York, I also have my own solo voice project. I use loops, samplers and electronics to build songs on the spot (Village Voice 10 best Concerts of the Week.)
I have a BFA in Jazz Vocal Studies and a Certificate in Somatic Voice Level 1. I also teach music in French for children. I am a student for life myself and I always keep studying new techniques to enrich my lessons and help my students in the best way. My rule number one is to be open minded and patient. Every student is different and has specific needs that can be addressed with the right technique.
I love to teach any level, from beginners to professionals.
Together we will work on:
- vocal technique to open your possibilities as a singer in a healthy way
- breathing and posture through yoga and relaxation exercises to free your voice and body
- musicianship: ear training, sight reading
- recording: record your own song
- repertoire (build your own repertoire, chart writing, arranging, transposing tunes)
- electronic device (loops, samplers)
- music toys
- audition preparation
- performance and stage preparation
I love to teach as much as I love to perform and I am always very inspired to meet new students and to help them develop their creativity with their own voice and sound.
Teaching workshops about improvisation and composition
Teaching Voice and song-writing at the Language and Laughter Studio
Teaching improvisation and voice technique at The Festival Des Enfants du Jazz in Barcelonnette (France)
Emilie graduated in 2012 with a Bachelor in Fine Arts at The City College of New York. She studied for four years in the Jazz Vocal Program. She also studied improvisation privetly with Grammy Award Gretchen Parlato and Ralph Alessi. She also studied classical voice with Janet Steel
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Singing · In studio Emilie is a great, kind and patient teacher! Very soon after taking lessons with her, I saw lots of improvement. I would highly recommend her for anyone who wants to improve their singing.
· Singing · In studio Emilie is the best. I have been taking classes with her for a few months, and I was a total beginner when I started, and Emilie was super kind and patient and excited to work with me. Now I feel like my singing has really improved and I'm finding my voice. It's been so great. Highly recommend working w her!
· Singing · In studio Emilie’s knowledge, insight and encouragement have been key to my growth as a singer and songwriter. Her lessons always bring my “best voice” out and teach me how keep it healthy and accessible every day. My voice is stronger, clearer and richer than it’s ever been.
· Singing · In home My daughter had her first lesson with Emile today. She was very knowledgeable and patient. We look forward to more lessons with her.