- Degree in Music Theory / History from University of Wisconsin - Whitewater.
- 25 years' teaching and performing experience.
- Fluent in all electric styles, plus acoustic and classical.
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to cover the fundamentals while focusing on your personal goals. All stages of ability are welcome, from rank novice to pro. We'll determine what you wish to learn, and build a roadmap to get there.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home Office in his Townhouse: Music stand, recording equipment, two chairs.
*** Specialties ***
All types of jazz, from swing to modern. Rock, Metal, Blues and Country. Composition and improvisation.
· Piano · In studio Lyle is very knowledgeable and seems to have a good method of teaching piano. My son is enjoying it very much.
· Ukulele · Online Awesome teacher! only first time and I already know he is very nice and patient!
· Piano · In studio He is been really good,explains very clearly. He can understand me very well. Good to have him as my teacher. These are words told by my daughter.
· Banjo · Online I know nearly nothing about music, but just love to try. Lyle is patient, and able to be flexible if I have not been able to practice (as much as I should!)
· Bass Guitar · In studio Lyle provided a great first experience in my bass guitar lessons. He is very knowledgeable and created a custom lesson plan to what I am looking for.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent with my 9 year old son!
· Guitar · In studio Lyle has been a great instructor so far. He has taught me how to think about and practice guitar better. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge that he shares in an easy-going way. I feel better prepared and confidant that I can reach my desired skill level, rather than it seeming like a fantasy. Highly recommended.
· Banjo · Online Good combination of book learnin' and improvisational instruction.
· Banjo · In home Lyle is awesome! Lessons are fun and helpful, he focuses on helping you meet your musical goals. I am an adult absolute novice, never played an instrument before, and I feel really good about my progress. If a year ago someone would have asked me "will you ever play an instrument?" I would have said absolutely no and that I didn't think I was even capable of learning an instrument, I considered myself to be very non-musical; but not anymore. 1 star off because we've had a lot of cancellations and reschedules but that's partially my fault as well since our lessons are on Friday nights and he warned me he often plays gigs or has to travel to gigs on that night.
· Guitar · Very Good Teacher
Very cool and has immense patience for my 6 year old son. The right guitar teacher for my son who has questions nonstop.