- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Originally from the UK, I travelled and studied music in Brisbane, Australia, where I gained a Diploma in Contemporary Music in 2000. Since then I have toured internationally, supported major acts such as Kid Rock, Ben Harper, Bastille, Ludacris, Cypress Hill and The Roots to name but a few, recorded albums, guested with numerous bands such as members of Portishead, Massive Attack, Robert Plant's Band of Joy and The Black Keys and composed music scores for two feature films and various shorts along with directing my own music video and having my music featured in various movies and TV shows. I also have booked acts across the US and organised music festivals in Los Angeles. I recently appeared on the cover of Guitar Girl Magazine, and I am also a contributing writer.
I have vast skills from performance to management, booking, PR and placements in film and television. Whether you are looking to just begin learning an instrument for fun or would like to take your skills further and move towards becoming a professional musician, I have the skills and expertise to help you along every step of the way. I tailor each lesson to meet the needs of the student, teaching them exactly what they would like to learn and having lots of fun doing it!
*** Lesson Details ***
For the first lesson, we will discuss what you are hoping to achieve, what kind of structure you would like for your lessons (theory, performance etc) and I will assess your skill level. Then I will tailor exercises, lessons and study to suit your needs.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Fender Rhodes Piano
Doric Vintage Organ
Microphones and Stands
1968 Hagstrom Bass
Gibson Les Paul Guitar
Dan Electro Guitar
1950s Burns Bass
Yamaha Mini Acoustic
Small Boss Keyboard
Flutes, Harmonicas, Percussion
Ipod, cd player
Various effects pedals for voice and guitar etc
*** Travel Equipment ***
Can bring guitars, mics, stands, practice amp and small keyboard
*** Specialities ***
Specialising in rock, pop and soundtrack music, I can also teach performance and acting stage skills and voice projection.
Originally from Birmingham, UK I worked as a stage manager for the Barfly and Birmingham Academy, two of the largest music venues in the area. After moving overseas I became a well-respected promoter for various venues across Los Angeles for the last few years, I also am the founder and curator of the Echoes West Festival in Los Angeles which has featured major acts from across the globe.
Toured internationally, performed and interviewed on major TV, radio stations and at music festivals, appeared in various major publications across the globe. Music has been featured on TV shows such as East Bound and Down and Californication on HBO and movies such as Quentin Tarantino's "Hellride". Composed music for many other feature films and shorts, currently have a publishing deal with BMG to feature music in more movies, TV shows and commercials.
GRAMMY U is a unique and fast-growing community of college students, primarily between the ages of 17 and 25, who are pursuing a career in the recording industry. GRAMMY U events and special programs touch on all aspects of the music industry, from the technology to the tracks themselves. Events are scheduled throughout the semester to give GRAMMY U members a wide variety of experiences and professional development. Because we are part of The Recording Academy, members have extraordinary access to the industry and its artists.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Guitar · In studio Shes wonderful!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Sasha is a wonderful teacher. Very impressed with the progress our daughter is making. She looks forward to her lesson with Sasha & practices without me asking.
· Guitar · In home Very nice, kind and knowledgeable. Highly recommending her.
· Guitar · In studio Sasha is very nice and friendly. My child can follow her instructions easily and having fun in her class. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to learn music.
· Guitar · In studio Sasha is great! My daughter cannot stop talking about how much fun she had. She also has been practicing for over an hour! I am so glad we chose Sasha!!
· Singing · In studio I've loved working with Sasha! Not only is she extremely knowledgable, but she's super flexible, catering her lessons to my specific voice goals. I have to strongly cosign what other reviewers have said about her ability to put you at ease - I came into our first lesson with a lifelong fear of singing in front of others, but I walked out her door that first day with so much confidence. What can I say - she creates a really chill, safe place to make a fool out of myself. Sasha's truly awesome and makes singing so accessible, and the difference I noticed in my singing after 1 lesson was remarkable. Plus she has the sweetest toddler on earth who much to my delight will join some of our lessons. I feel Sasha has given me some amazing training I can use for the rest of my life.
· Harmonica · Online Charlotte enjoys the time spend with Sasha and is developing a good practice habit!
· Singing · In studio Very knowledgeable about singing exercises,the different styles, singing in general. I look forward to our next session.
· Guitar · In studio This first lesson was really solid. She helped us figure out the right size guitar and begin the basics. We are looking forward to more lessons.
· Music Theory · In studio Sasha is a very good teacher, extremely patient and attentive. She does a good job of structuring the lessons around your specific needs, adapting them to suit your level of knowledge and skills, allowing you to grow and learn in a relaxed and productive environment.