- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm an avid educator, recording engineer, conductor, musical director, orchestrator, sound designer, chorister, video editor, baker, and math nerd. When I'm not teaching, I work as a professional singer, pianist, harpist, arranger, and composer – writing for film and theatre and as a singer-songwriter. A recent graduate of the Performer-Composer MFA program at the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), I received my B.A. in Music at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) as well as a Professional Certificate in General Music Studies from Berklee. Music, movies, and mathematics are my primary passions.
co-ed a cappella choir, run as a curricular and extra-curricular ensemble at the California Institute of the Arts.
founded the group, lead it, sing in it as an alto/mezzo/soprano, recruit members, curate concerts, provide group and individual singing coaching, provide arranging coaching, and arrange most of our repertoire.
Professional singer, pianist, harpist, arranger, and composer – writing for film and theatre and as a singer-songwriter. Avid educator, recording engineer, conductor, musical director, orchestrator, sound designer, chorister, video editor… a creative chameleon who would love to collaborate on whatever artistic concoction you’ve got cooking.
for Professor Ulrich Krieger:
*Survey of 20th and 21st Century Music
for Professor Kathryn Pisaro
*Western Music History Survey II
graded papers and exams, guest lectured, fielded student questions in and out of class, helped students develop tools and topics for research, led study sessions in preparation for exams, took attendance
gave one-on-one and group vocal lessons to students with anywhere from no experience to years of practice; coached with regards to rhythm, intonation, breathing, blend, diction, phonetics, vocal health, performance preparation, vocal improvisation, and self-accompaniment, as needed.
The Society Of Composers & Lyricists is an organization consisting of Hollywood's professional motion picture, Television, and multimedia music composers, songwriters and lyricists, with histories in the art of scoring for motion pictures and television. Many of its members have won or been nominated for Oscars, Emmys and Grammy Awards.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
· Vocal Training · In studio Sarah has a unique advantage over other vocal instructors because she is trained in numerous vocal styles and schools of thought. Because of her experience studying and teaching at California Institute of the Arts, Sarah has the ability to teach her students classical and pop vocal technique as well as contemporary vocal technique, extended techniques, and a cappella singing. She has taught effectively in individual and group settings from fundamentals to advanced musicianship skills training (formants, microtonality, vocal technique from non-Western European classical traditions).
As a composer and arranger, Sarah has also assisted me in my own works for voice, choir, and a cappella groups. She has a comprehensive knowledge of current music industry standard practices.
· Vocal Training · In studio Sara is a great teacher, don't even mention her perfect pitch. She is patient, responsible and professional. Really caring about student, giving good advice. She is also playing piano which is really encouraging and thoughtful. It's been a great experience.
· Vocal Training · In studio Sarah is an amazing and understanding teacher she is always willing to help and change tactics if something isn't working for a student. Being under her leadership in her A Capella group has made me a better vocalist.
· Choir · In studio Incredibly friendly and good at helping people feel comfortable and confident, and has the technique and ability and awareness of how to explain and teach said ability very well. Highly recommended.