I am always excited to meet and work with dedicated, aspiring singers, regardless of age or level!
As a professional singer I have sung with opera companies and orchestras throughout the world. I continue to pursue my singing career, but I also love teaching lessons so I can pass on my passion to my students! I am currently on the voice faculty at MusA Academy and also maintain a private studio.
I love teaching musicians, whether they are beginners or advanced. One of my greatest joys is watching the student improve and grow in their love for music. For the beginner, I believe it is important to spend time learning to read music and understanding music theory, so this will be a part of our early lessons.
Singing is a deeply personal experience, therefore each lesson is tailored specifically to the student's needs and wants. I specialize in the classical Bel Canto technique and teach this to all my students. This will create a solid technical foundation so then the student is free to explore any genre that interests them. Even though I am an opera singer, I enjoy working with my students on musical theater, pop, jazz, and much more! What is most important is that my students find joy in singing, and I will guide you to do that in a way that is healthy for your voice.
As a teacher, I think it is valuable to develop the complete musician, not only the voice. In lessons, we will also discuss music theory, diction, interpretation, phrasing, music history, etc.
A lesson might include:
- exercises that develop skills in posture, breathing, vocal support, tone production and resonance
- learning songs and choosing audition repertoire that best suits your voice and showcases your unique talent
- the design of a warm-up routine to use before a performance
- special attention targeting trouble spots in music, issues with vocal range or transitions between vocal registers
- coaching in diction (English, Italian, French, German, Latin), articulation, and projection
- music reading skills and ear training
- audition preparation and help learning music
- other areas of focus inspired by the singer’s strengths and challenges
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a portable electric keyboard, but it would be best if the student had a piano/keyboard so they can practice at home.
*** Specialties ***
I am a graduate of the Manhattan School of Music with a degree in Vocal Performance.
I am classically trained in voice, violin, flute and piano. I began the Suzuki method on the violin at age 3. I am a professional opera and choral singer, but also have experience in musical theater.
I teach private voice lessons to students ranging in age from 6 - 75! At MusA Academy, I also teach summer voice camps and masterclasses throughout the year.
As a professional singer I have sung with opera companies and orchestras throughout the country. I am currently the soprano section leader of the professional choir at St James Episcopal Church and I also sing with the Pacific Chorale, John Alexander Singers, and de Angelis Vocal Ensemble. I have premiered new operas with The Industry and sing regularly with Pacific Opera Project.
I have been a soloist with the Philadelphia Orchestra, CityMusic Cleveland Orchestra, Camerata of Los Angeles, and National Chorale, and have sung at the Hollywood Bowl, Disney Concert Hall, and Avery Fisher Hall.
I am currently on faculty at MusA Academy and I also maintain a private voice studio.
· Vocal Training · In home Sarah is great teacher , she knows how to inspire student to work on their works hardly. My 10 years old daughter has been with her 2 years now for vocal and flute training , she is not only teach her skills but also cultivate great passion and interests on music, and her teaching style also make children feel fun and enjoyable. We are lucky to have Sarah to work on my daughter. She is great teacher who knows how to work on kids.
· Singing · In studio We love Sarah. It is just as simple as that. Not only is she a great singer herself but also an excellent teacher. She teaches our 10 year-old daughter and the progress she has made is tremendous. Sarah is able to uncover our girl's beautiful singing voice and I am thinking of taking classes myself now.
She makes all lessons fun and the fact that Sarah is classically trained is invaluable.
· Singing · In home Sarah trained me for the Four Larks' production of "The Temptation of St Antony" in Downtown Los Angeles (spring of 2015).
It was an extremely vocally demanding show, with an extensive amount of singing and a performance schedule of 6 shows a week.
As an actor, it was extremely important for me to work with a music professional for this piece. Sarah worked with me in every song and lengthy speeches, teaching me how to increase stamina and vocal endurance, breath support, pitch and physical connection. Through working with her my voice improved immensely and I was able to increase my breath capacity, tune my pitches and work through an intense schedule of perfomances and rehearsals without injuring my voice.
Sarah worked with me not only on the music of the show but also on how to incorporate the vocal training into the demanding physicality of the piece. She will cater her class to your specific needs and the specific project you're working on - which is awesome!
I highly recommend training with Sarah - not only if you're a musician - but also if you're a professional actor who would like to take your vocal training to the next level or needs vocal/musical coaching for a specific project!
· Vocal Training · In home Sarah Beaty is a very experienced vocal teacher.
She also makes the lessons alot of fun.
My daughter Mia who is now 10 has been inspired to audition for acting and theater roles under while studying with Sarah.
Sarah is also out there doing professional gigs.
She teaches all the vocal basics as well as broadway stylings and classical
She is always on time and gets along very well with her students.
Thanks you Sarah Beaty!!
5 stars A+++++
· Singing · In studio I learned very much in an enjoyable format. I became to vocalize easily and think getting good voice in short time.