My teaching experience is mainly from Australia, where I completed my undergraduate studies in trumpet performance. This included school band students, adults (beginning and experienced) and musicians with special needs. All of my students were at different playing levels and learning abilities and I loved making sure everyone enjoyed their lessons and improved their musicianship simultaneously.
I moved to the US to attend graduate school at the Eastman School of Music, studying with James Thompson. It was a fantastic two years, and I loved America so much that I decided to come to Austin and see more of it! I would love to teach anyone who is interested in learning more about the trumpet, and I can also provide training in theory and aural skills.
I enjoy playing all kinds of music, especially orchestral and small ensembles. I look forward to getting to know you and helping you to get more enjoyment out of music!
- Mostly beginner students, supplementary to their group lessons and band classes
- Catering lesson plans to the needs and wants of the student
- Provided weekly individual trumpet lessons to twelve students ranging ages 9 to adult
- Crafted individualized instruction based upon diverse ambitions of students, while setting clear expectations and methods for technical development
- Transcribed and notated pop music and movie themes for trumpet as a supplement to the core focus of classical training
- Communicated clearly and directly with students and parents about practice expectations
- Taught individual and group lessons weekly, for students ages 12 - 17
- Constructed thoughtful lesson plans with consideration of individual needs, whilst adhering to curricular expectations of the school
- Taught individual and group lessons weekly, for students ranging ages 12 - 17
- Provided lessons to a socio-economically diverse set of students and accommodated special needs