- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Sara, a freelance double bassist based in Chicago, IL, has over five years of experience teaching in a variety of capacities. In addition to teaching at the Merit School of Music, she has received an honorable mention in the DePaul Concerto Competition, graduated at the top of her class at DePaul University, and performs regularly with orchestras and chamber groups across the Midwest. In her free time she enjoys knitting, baseball, and Game of Thrones.
Former students have gone on to study music at Roosevelt University, and have participated in the Interlochen Summer Arts Academy.
I have performed on a freelance basis with the Illinois Symphony, the Dubuque Symphony, the Fayetteville Symphony, the Raleigh Chamber players, and the Halsted Eight Ensemble, among many others. I have played under Grant Llewellyn, Timothy Muffitt, and Cliff Colnot, and collaborated with soloists such as Bill Preucil of the Cleveland Orchestra, Joshua Bell, and Johannes Moser.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
The International Society of Bassists was founded by the world-renowned virtuoso Gary Karr in 1967. With nearly 3,000 members in over 40 countries, the ISB publishes a triannual magazine, Bass World, with an eclectic mix of articles about soloists, jazz and orchestral players, early music, pedagogy, international personalities and orchestras and reviews of new print music and recordings, plus monthly e-newsletters and communications.
· Music Performance · In home Sara has a great eye for detail, and has various ways of articulating what she either sees or hears in a person's playing. She does well in meeting the student where they are in order to encourage them along the way, while maintaining the teacher student relationship, something not easily done. Her experience, willingness to help and patience all make her a very excellent instructor in my opinion!
· Upright Bass · Online Sara is patient, professional, thorough and encouraging. She is really helping me along with my bowing technique. Highly recommended :)
· Upright Bass · In home Our high school son bounced around from teacher to teacher till he met Sara. She is an excellent straight forward teacher. Who just brings the best out in his playing. She is detailed and focused. Highly recommended.
· Upright Bass · In home Sara is fantastic! My son only started the upright bass last year as an incoming high school freshman. The weekly lessons that Sara has provided over the past few months have helped him improve tremendously. She is both patient and encouraging. She inserts elements of music theory along with proper technique. I highly recommend her to anyone interested in private upright bass lessons.