If you want a piano teacher whose MAIN instrument is piano and not just a hobby, I'm the one to choose. I've been playing piano since I was 5 years old, started music theory/composition lessons at the age of 8, graduated from The Crane School of Music with a concentration in piano studying under Julie Miller, and have played in solo recitals, concerts, plays and have also professionally accompanied. I started my first NYSSMA at age 7 and have done all 6 levels (5 and 6 twice to keep up my performing skills). I have performed at venues including Queens College, Carnegie Hall, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and numerous children's hospitals and libraries for free public recitals. My original compositions have won 1st place in the county, state, and country.
I'm an easy going person who loves to teach by making the process fun. I have taught private lessons for 8 years to all ages and levels. I have trained students for NYSSMA with great scores and also specialize in preparing for college auditions! Whatever your goal is, I can help you achieve it.
*** Lesson Details ***
Whatever your musical goal is, I will help you reach it and have a great time doing it. Lesson plans and techniques will be specifically catered to each student and how he/she learns best. Lessons will be laid back, yet challenging. I love to kid around, but I'm serious about making progress. I am a firm believer in playing what YOU want to play. I'm a patient person and I know how to work with various learning styles. I strongly believe that practice makes perfect.
· Piano · In studio Sara is a very helpful piano teacher! She was my keyboarding tutor in college. I was a Music Education Major with a concentration in Violin and was learning piano as a secondary instrument, not only to learn how to play it, but to be able to play and understand enough to one day be able to teach the instrument. I highly recommend a teacher like her for any student at any age looking to take piano lessons!
· Classical Piano · In studio Sara has taught our daughter for several years now and she is an amazing piano teacher. She is passionate about music and that shines through in her teaching. She builds our child’s music strengths while keeping an enjoyable atmosphere by introducing elements of innovative and interesting styles of teaching. We are grateful for the caring, creative and challenging music education that our daughter receives at with Sara.
· Piano · In studio As a new piano player, it was very important to me to find a teacher that was patient and kind. Sara was extremely patient with me as I learned new skills through her. She gave constructive feedback that didn't make me feel like an idiot. When I made mistakes she gently corrected me and urged me to keep going, which was really encouraging for me. While I am a novice, I've seen her repertoire and it is extremely expansive. I know she could teach anyone from a new to a more advanced player. Would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking to seriously improve their skills!
· Piano · In home My six-year-old son started lessons with Sara six months ago, after studying for about a year elsewhere. The difference in his attitude and motivation was immediate. Sara somehow manages to be challenging without any threat to the basic joy of playing music. She tailors her lessons to her students' particular needs, gives very precise feedback and practice instructions. Sara is patient, good-humored, and an excellent pianist herself--and it's clear that she takes real pleasure in sharing her knowledge. I'm really grateful to have found her.
· Piano · In studio Sara is a great teacher! My son felt comfortable with her the moment he met her. She has a fun, easy-going personality and she makes learning piano fun. My son looks forward to his lessons each week. I would highly recommend Sara to everyone.
· Piano · In home Sara is a very sweet person. She is prompt, explains herself well and patient. I could barely read music when I started and in a short time she has taught me a lot and has given me confidence.
· Piano · In studio Lessons with Sara are a blast. She brought flashcards, memory games, and would go to the store with me to pick out fun pieces to play on the side. She definitely cares a lot about her students and I don't think I would've stuck with piano if it weren't for her. mwah mwah mwah miss you girl!
· Piano · In home LOVED lessons with Sara...best part of the week! I wanted to learn jazz and some cool Latin numbers and didn't think I'd find anybody who could teach it to me, but Sara does it all. I play gigs all over now with a band.
· Piano · In studio Sara was a very hands-on teacher who is definitely an exception to the "those who can't do, teach" stereotype. Any time she gave me a new piece or I got stuck on something, she'd get on the bench and show me exactly how it's done. She's an amazing sight-reader and got me ready for my college auditions within a year and a half. Everything from ear training to memorizing full pieces and I was accepted to all 4 of the colleges I auditioned for. She was a lot better than the other teacher I had to get my ready and I liked that she was younger. She had gone through the audition process more recently and knew exactly what the schools wanted. Definitely couldn't have done it without her!
· Piano · In studio Sara taught my son for 3 years before we moved and was very talented, insightful, and patient. She worked with flash cards to practice rhythms and keys and used quarters to keep his hands level! I had never heard of that before. He looked forward to his lessons every week and he still plays to this day. Wonderful teacher!