- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+
- Teaching since:
Perfect your English!
I design fun lessons around short, interesting videos. You'll get two private lessons every week, and lots of activities designed around each video to help you practice the new vocabulary you learn, and to improve your speaking and listening skills.
I can help you:
Improve your listening and speaking skills - I’ve developed a method which has helped my students improve their listening and speaking skills in 3 months.
Practice and use everyday English – phrasal verbs, collocations, and idioms.
Stay motivated to learning English with fun and interesting lessons.
A little about me:
I’m an experienced teacher, with over 5 years of ESL teaching experience. I taught in Italy, Spain, Canada and I currently offer private English lessons online.
I graduated from Carleton University in 2007 and I also completed my TESOL certification in Ottawa that same year, but I didn’t start traveling and teaching full-time until 2013. I started traveling with a quest to find purpose and meaning, and luckily it didn’t take long to find it. Within a month of living in Rome, I landed my first teaching job at Speak Easy Language School and I soon discovered that I had a great passion for teaching.
I fell in love with teaching especially because of the doors it opened for my students. Whether it was to connect with people while traveling, to move to and settle in a new country, or to improve job prospects, helping my students and empowering them through acquiring this fundamental skill has been incredibly rewarding.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile!
• Planned and tailored private lessons to specifically fit students' levels, needs and desired outcomes
• Extensively researched the student's chosen topics or fields of interest in order to find interesting real life articles and videos to be used as content during our lessons
• Collaborated with aspiring fiction writers to use very short stories as content for lessons and practice
• Designed practice using those very short stories, articles or videos and geared it towards a specific focus (e.g. phrasal verbs, collocations, dependent prepositions) to be used during our lessons or for self- study
• Succeeded in keeping students engaged and motivated, and as a result received numerous referrals and experienced little absenteeism
• Prepared students for Cambridge, and IELTS exams
• Prepared and delivered lessons to a variety of classes and age groups
• Engaged students through focus activities aimed for maximum interaction
• Designed lesson plans that reflected students' levels and suited their interests
• Encouraged a comfortable and trusting atmosphere through sensitivity to students' needs and learning styles
My experience with Sama as teacher was incredibly good! You can feel she loves teaching. She was flexible, creative and open minded at all times. She taught me exactly what I was looking for. I improved my speaking, listening and grammar skills, up to the point I went to the IELTS exam and I got a good score! She gets involved with you until you reach your goals.+ Read More
Incredible teacher, always looking for the way to help you and adapting the lesson about topics you like, and at the same time helping you to improve in another subjects.
She is The vestido, very close and very nice class.