- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
In short, I am a performer and educator wrapped up in one! Originally from Pennsylvania, I moved to the New York City area in 2007 to perform and formally launch my company, Dance.Laugh.Learn – A music, movement, and drama program for kids. As Co-Founder and Artistic Director, I do everything from teaching to curriculum development. I am brand new to the Charleston area having moved with my husband a few short months ago. I previously served as the Director of Education & Development at Class Act Performing Arts Studio in South Orange, NJ. My areas of responsibility were Musical Theatre, Kids on Broadway, Dance Combo, Private Voice Coaching, and Company Team. I holds a B.A. in Music Performance from Ramapo College of NJ and is a certified Kindermusik (Music Education program for children) and Leap ‘N Learn (Dance Education program for children) instructor.
Each vocal lesson will focus on the technical aspects of proper vocal technique including: pitch development, ear training, music theory, rhythm, musicality, and proper breath support. Acting lessons will work on improv skills, projection, objective, and choice. We will be silly, we will have fun, and we will learn and grow!
“A child who sings is a happy child” – Elder Enrique Falabella
Developing Curricula, Developing and maintaining client relationships, Hiring teachers, Training teachers, Daily operations.
Curriculum development, client and parent interaction, choreography and instruction to ages 2-18, Developing procedures and
Classes Taught: Kids on Broadway, Dance Combo, Pre-Jazz, Group Voice, Private Voice, Musical Theatre
· Vocal Training · In home This was my first lesson and I Loved it!! It was nice to have some who knew exactly what I needed to work on to improve my voice. I liked how she made it very laid back and fun! I also liked how she gave me songs to practice! I'm super excited to keep working with Rylee! I Definitely would recommend Her!!
· Vocal Training · In studio She starts with the basics and that is what I need.
· Vocal Training · In home Rylee is an amazing teacher! She went far above and beyond to help my daughter prepare for her audition. She is a great technical teacher and has a very creative way of teaching technique. But she is equally as gifted at helping the student with intangibles such as gaining confidence and finding their individual style within the discipline. I can't recommend her highly enough.
· Vocal Training · In home My first lesson with Rylee was terrific. We covered several different techniques and exercises to help develop my voice and she provided me with a practice schedule to help track my progress. She was very knowledgeable and relatable with her instruction. I am very much looking forward to my next lesson with Rylee!
· Vocal Training · In studio "I like studying with Rylee because she teaches in a way that I can visualize what I am doing. She makes it fun while pushing me at the same time." This is a quote from my 15 year old daughter. Rylee has a very good practical understanding of what the student is capable of. My daughter has a perceived limitation and I have already seen this instructor work beyond that and ready her for another level. Rylee's laugh will make you smile. Very blessed to be working with her.
· Vocal Training · In home Rylee is an outstanding vocal coach! Rylee has an infectious personality and makes singing fun. From the beginning, she put our 9 y/o daughter at ease and, most importantly, she helped her develop the confidence needed to succeed. We are so thankful that Rylee was recommended to us!
· Vocal Training · In studio Rylee is a fabulous teacher! My daughter's confidence and vocal strength has improved significantly since beginning lessons with Rylee in August. I saw immediate improvement in breathing technique from the very first lesson. Rylee has a great personality and makes you feel comfortable instantly. Also, my son had a last minute audition that he needed some guidance on. Rylee made time for him and was instrumental in giving him the confidence he needed. Our family is glad to know this special lady!
· Vocal Training · In studio Rylee is a fantastic vocal coach! She has been working with my daughter for several months now, and I have seen a lot of development and increase in her confidence. She does a fabulous job getting to know her students, how to motivate them and help them do their very own best. She is so positive and encouraging, as well as being super organized. A pleasure for my daughter to work with and learn from!
· Vocal Training · In studio My daughter has loved to act and sing since she was a little girl. Now 13 she performed in her first on stage play with Charleston SummerStage and LOVE it!
Rylee was recommended to us through the summer program and we could not be more pleased! She is a delight and my daughter really enjoys going to her lesson. We are excited for what the future holds for our daughter and know that Rylee will be there to support her in anyway she can!
· Vocal Training · In studio Rylee is an excellent teacher with a real passion for her students. She's helped me tremendously increase my confidence as a vocalist and work on growing my repertoire and range of vocal styles. When I had an upcoming audition she was really great about helping me to prepare and booked extra times for me to work with her so I could feel totally confident about my material. 5/5 stars for sure!