- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a highly qualified and professional piano teacher with a degree in Piano Performance from SDSU and a roster of close to 30 students. I've been teaching for close to 6 years and am happy to be able to host annual recitals, masterclasses, chamber music events, and so on.
Despite my professional playing ability, I pride myself in being extremely personable, fun, and funny to be around! I'm a young teacher (at a modest 24 years old), which lets me really connect with my students. It would be an understatement to say that my many students love their lessons with me! Check out some of my reviews here: https://takelessons.com/profile/ryan-cr#Reviews
Here's what you can expect from me if you decide to work with me:
1) I'm always Professional, Punctual, and Polite.
2) University level piano lessons at a fraction of the cost.
3) Traditional and Modern teaching methodologies.
Here are a few of my many qualifications and accomplishments as a pianist:
1) Bachelors Degree in Piano Performance from SDSU
2) Vocal / Instrumental Accompanist at SDSU
3) Chamber Musician
4) International Competition Experience - Semper Music Festival 2016.
5) Taught Class Piano at SDSU (University level group-piano lessons for music majors)
I'd love to help you work towards musical excellence! I hope to hear from you soon!
I look forward to our first lesson!
I'm a piano teacher at a company called Music Pillars located in Rancho Bernardo.
Piano Accompanist for Vocalists
I was accepted into an international music festival which takes place in Vols Am Schlern, Italy, Summer of 2016. I took lessons from Dr. Karen Follingstad, Juan Pablo Andrade, and Frank Levy, amongst others. I performed solo repertoire as well as chamber music.
I supervised and assisted teaching Class Piano at San Diego State University for a 100 & 200 level class. These classes involved teaching a classroom of 12-16 students group piano lessons. I covered topics such as chords, scales, harmonization, transposition, score-reading, accompaniment, and others.
I was the pianist in a trio featuring a Cellist & Flutist during a one-week seminar hosted by a trio-in-residence at SDSU called the Neave Trio.
I was the pianist in a trio featuring two Violinists during a one-week chamber music seminar hosted by a quarter-in-residence at SDSU known as "The Hausmann Quartet"
I was a Sound Tech at Summit Church in San Marcos, CA, where I was responsible for running and maintaining a professional sound reinforcement system.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In home Great piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio Ryan is a really great instructor. We have had a solid relationship working with him, and he has proven to be an incredibly competent teacher. He is very focused, and works well with kids. I highly recommend him.
· Piano · In studio Fantastic teacher that has a great eye for detail and is truly passionate about the instrument and teaching whoever is willing to learn! I can honestly say I've learned more in the past month or so that I've been taking lessons than I would have in 6 months of trying to teach myself. Very affordable pricing and absolutely worth every penny!
· Piano · In studio Ryan is a very enthusiastic teacher to my 11 year old. He is very patient and makes lessons entertaining and stress free. My child looks forward to lessons every week. I highly recommend Ryan to all parents looking for a good piano teacher for their kids!
· Piano · In home Ryan is enthusiastic and energetic, which rubs off on my son. He has good communication skills and rapport with both my son and myself, and patience needed for teaching younger students. We both have been very happy with Ryan's lessons and I highly recommend him.
· Piano · In home A RENEWED LOVE FOR PIANO!
Ryan has put the passion for piano back in my kids! About a year ago, my kids completely burned out on piano and had no desire to start back up. But then we found Ryan, and now they absolutely love playing and practicing.
I have a 12 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. They both adore Ryan and say that he makes learning piano fun. My son loves that Ryan finds fun apps for him so he can practice his piano notes on the iPad.
Ryan comes to our home for lessons. He is always incredibly timely (even arrives a few minutes early) and is always organized. If the kids have a question on a piece between lessons, he will FaceTime to help them through the work. He is great about using modern day technology to work with the kids in a way that they know and appreciate in order to teach them an instrument that is timeless. We cannot thank Ryan enough for putting the love of piano back in our children.
· Piano · In home Ryan is hands down one of the best piano instructors I have ever had. He's nice, upbeat, funny, very passionate about what he does, and is a GREAT teacher! Oh, he is also amazing at playing the piano ;) I am naturally a shy person, but from the very first day, Ryan's passion and playful personality made him very easy to be comfortable with, and makes me excited to play everytime. Whenever I mess up, Ryan is great with patience, and will spend as much time as needed until I am finally able to understand, and is more than happy to re-explain to me what in the world a staccato triplet is when my mind completely blanks out.
Overall, Ryan is really one of the best teachers you can find. Many of my other instructors spoon fed me the material and felt almost awkward and uptight to be with. But not only is Ryan fun to be around, but I have learned far more. He helps me as needed, but gives me an opportunity to figure things out myself and it has left a stronger impression on me as a musician. Every week he comes in and I learn something new each time. He challenges me with stuff I would have thought impossible for me to do, and makes me surprise myself with what I am actually capable of doing and makes me stronger, which I think every great teacher does. I am very thankful to have him as my instructor and guide through the fascinating world of piano playing (: I would recommend him highly.
· Piano · The great thing about Ryan is he's super passionate about what he does. You won't find a more organized, down to earth, patient teacher around.
He's very straight forward when he explains things and you feel comfortable coming to him with questions because he knows what he's talking about and he'll take the time to make sure that by the end you'll understand it too.
I can only give the highest recommendations for Ryan C.
· Piano · In studio I was really blown away by Ryan at my first lesson. I had once had lessons way back when I was about 10, and that instructor was very impatient, unreliable and did not seem to put much effort into my lesson. I found the exact opposite with Ryan! He is so patient, always reliable with lessons, and puts forth his best effort when teaching. He really will take the time to help you understand and work on each piece that you learn. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.
· Piano · In studio Such a wonderful teacher. I am an advanced Jazz Piano player and was looking to brush up on my classical chops. Ryan has a methodical approach which makes learning from him very easy and consistent. Very friendly and has a way of making even hard concepts understandable. He actually has me looking forward to practicing my scales, something that is no small feat.