- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
As an NYC native, I have been teaching drum lessons for almost 7 years now. Born in lower Manhattan, I attended Manhattan East Middle School for Music & Arts, as well as Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for Music & Art and the Performing Arts. In 2012, I received a scholarship to attend New England Conservatory of Music where I had the opportunity to study privately with master musicians such as John McNeil, Bob Moses, Miguel Zenon, Jerry Bergonzi and a lengthy apprenticeship with drum legend Billy Hart. In 2014 I received a full scholarship to attend the Banff International Workshop in Jazz and Creative Music in Canada. I was fortunate enough to be able to work closely there with first- rate artists such as Vijay Iyer, Steve Coleman, Jeff “Tain” Watts, Reggie Workman and more. I have been a private drum lesson instructor since high school, and have taught dozens of students of all ages, skill levels, and in all styles of music. In addition to private lessons, I have taught workshops and masterclasses in high schools and community centers throughout my years at New England Conservatory. I have also taught at the Outreach Summer Music Workshop in Austria for 2 years, where I instructed and coached ensembles of international students. Music is a powerful thing, and the ability to teach it is a great joy and learning experience.
• Has taught dozens of students of all ages and skill levels from ages 6 to 60.
• Lessons include all styles of jazz, rock, funk, latin, hip hop, pop as well as technique, reading, and general musicianship.
• Maintains complete responsibility for the organization, teaching and techniques of each lesson. Evaluates each student’s progress and adjusts strategies accordingly.
• Taught workshops and masterclasses in a number of high schools and community centers all over Massachusetts with the 2015 Jazz Honors Ensemble.
• Performed in masterclasses led by Fred Hersch, Dave Holland, Jason Moran, Vijay Iyer, Aaron Goldberg, and Donny McCaslin.
• Was a TA for Jerry Leake’s World Rhythms Class. Worked closely with students on world music, rhythmic independence, and traditional techniques.
• Instructed and coached ensembles of international students in Jazz, Rock, Fusion, and other repertoire.
• Had the opportunity teach private drum lessons to students despite a language barrier.
· Drum · In home
· Drum · In studio
· Drum · In home