- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Please note: I am only able to accept new students requesting lesson times prior to 3pm on weekdays. Thanks!
I have been teaching music students since my high school years in the late 1990s. Although I am primarily a high-level clarinetist, I have developed strong piano skills and can "double" on several other woodwinds. My primary clarinet/woodwind teacher at university was Alex Fields, who studied with renowned woodwind pedagogue and method writer Himie Voxman. I consider myself a "second-generation" Voxman student! Mr. Fields' influence pervades my teaching style, as he was a master of using creative methods to gain the desired effect. The university I attended is known for its high-quality music degree programs. Over my 20+ years of performance experience, I've played in a huge variety of situations; from unaccompanied soloist to piano accompanist to church praise band to full orchestra and community band. This has given me an integrated understanding and appreciation for various styles and types of music.
I am known among my students for my patience, flexibility, and ability to individualize my style. I teach primarily from a traditional classical background and take students in the direction of the genre(s) they want to pursue. I teach all of my students, and particularly my pianists, about chords to give them the resources to read lead sheets and improvise at more advanced levels. I try to combine the best elements of different styles to build versatile musicians who are intrigued rather than intimidated by new concepts. Everyone gets sight reading and ear training instruction. I incorporate technology, such as mobile apps, to help students master concepts. I lay these foundations early, tailoring my methods to each student's unique learning style and goals. I teach to help each student reach their own potential, to better themselves, to give back to their communities, and to appreciate and enjoy music for the rest of their lives. Music instruction is proven to sharpen the mind for all ages, and is especially beneficial to those with cognitive issues. I worked in healthcare for many years, and this experience makes its way into my teaching style as well.
Safety: I request that another person be somewhere in the home during lessons for all children under 18 and for all male students.
Practice: I expect students to practice regularly and I teach them how to practice well! With younger students I use a record-keeping system encouraging 5 weekly practice sessions of a length proportional to attention span.
Began teaching clarinet, saxophone, and piano lessons beginning in 1999, continuing to the present. Experience with individuals, various group configurations, and master classes.
Comparable to a student teaching experience, but with individual pedagogy focus. Assisted middle school band director with woodwind students. Taught individuals and small groups and ensembles. Assisted saxophone students to significantly improve overall band grade. Conducted small ensembles for end of semester testing.
· Saxophone · Online
· Piano · In home Very personable, clearly knowledgeable. Targeted the lesson and assigments to my level!
· Classical Piano · In home She's fabulous!!! Very competent and thorough!
· Piano · In home We love Ms. Rosanna! She is helping my daughter so much! She is patient and kind and not demanding or fussy, she makes the lesson a pleasant experience and my daughter enjoys her time in lessons. She is improving more now than ever. I highly recommend Ms. Rosanna.
· Piano · In home Rosanna is an excellent instructor. She acknowledges the level and challenges of the piano student allowing input from the student to meet personal challenges. No question goes unanswered. I always look forward to my lesson.
· Flute · Online
· Piano · In home We like Her .she is a good and patient piano teacher .
· Piano · In home Great experience so far!
· Piano · In home The girls loved it!
· Piano · In home Rosana is personable, made me very comfortable. As an older student, I was apprehensive, but she immediately gave me confidence in pursuing lessons I've wanted to schedule for many years. I look forward to my future lessons. With her encouragement, I will practice daily and look forward to my next lesson.