- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Robyn Westerlund. I am currently finishing my undergraduate career. I study music and international studies. I have played the violin since I was three years old, but teaching is what truly brings me joy. I have formally taught private violin lessons for almost 3 years now. I am a certified violin teacher in the Suzuki Violin method, and registered for Every Child Can, Book 1, Book 2, and Book 3. All ages and levels are welcome!
My Suzuki Association of the Americas profile:
I teach a k-2 beginning violin class. Once weekly private lessons, and once weekly group lesson.
Assisted the primary violin teacher in weekly classes, beginning - advanced.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA) is a coalition of teachers, parents, educators, and others who are interested in making music education available to all children. The SAA provides programs and services to members throughout North and South America.
· Violin · In studio My daughter started lessens with her when she was 8 years old. She LOVED Robyn. She still wishes she could take lessons from her but we have since moved. I felt like Robyn really connected with her and made it so that my daughter wanted to be there. She was so good at taking the things that interested my daughter and turning them into a teaching opportunity. Robyn is so great and talented. I would do lessons with her in a heartbeat!
· Violin · In studio She is amazing! Robyn is so patient and kind. She answered all my questions and is a very good teacher. She is really professional. She provided supplementary material as well.
· Violin · In studio I have had the pleasure of knowing and playing the violin with Robyn for many years. She is a talented violist and having played with her, she is incredibly patient when working with others. Her technical skills on the violin have always been well polished and she plays with her own style. As her friend, I can tell you that she is an increadibly kind person. I know that she brings her natural patience and kindness to her lessons.
· Violin · In studio My lessons with Robyn have been extremely helpful! Her style of teaching is very structured, so there's never a minute wasted. She teaches at a pace that's easy to follow and always makes it fun. At the conclusion of each lesson, Robyn assigns "homework" consisting of techniques and skills that should be worked on before the next lesson. I highly recommend Robyn for both child and adult learners.
· Violin · In studio Robyn is an excellent teacher and I would highly recommend her! My daughter loves coming to see Robyn because she makes it fun while being able to consistently further my daughter's skills. Robyn also manages the timing of the lessons as well, so they begin on time and end on time.